131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Kind Of Gains Should i expect from my car when it gets out the shop

Stright Back exhaust
Headers
Short Ram intake
F2Focus Duratec Lightweight Flywheel
CENTERFORCE Clutch Kit

And Would A tune be a good idea at this point ..
What kind of Hp will a tune give

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
is that whp

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes, the car pretty much has 150 flywheel now. That will be awesome, I think you might cream your panties. (if that is the way you swing)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Want the FocusSport Turbo soo bad .. Hope by December..
My Goal is to shut my friends mouth about his lancer Evo

286 Hp Evo

W/ the Turbo i dont see why i could not hand him his ass

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
check my sig and my whp-thats with tom tuning my car on a dyno good luck getting 160

·
Registered
545 Posts
SkipStaa said:
I Want the FocusSport Turbo soo bad .. Hope by December..
My Goal is to shut my friends mouth about his lancer Evo

286 Hp Evo

W/ the Turbo i dont see why i could not hand him his ass
i've always used as a general rule of thumb:
Evo > Foci

Even if you do turbo and do all kinds of stuff to give you more power than the evo, he will destroy you on the curves, then you're going to have to put about the same ammount of effort into making your car handle better than the evo, and he's AWD.

Maybe i'm just an evo fan, but i dont know if making a focus bettter than an evo is a likely case

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to have a Evo but a 13,000 focus or a 30,00 EVO
Put 6k give or take a bit into a focus you can run past any EVO and save 10k

and it's more surprising to people to see a focus run like that
everyone would expect the evo to win

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i live by that rule of thumb for cars as well

·
Registered
545 Posts
SkipStaa said:
I would love to have a Evo but a 13,000 focus or a 30,00 EVO
Put 6k give or take a bit into a focus you can run past any EVO and save 10k

and it's more surprising to people to see a focus run like that
everyone would expect the evo to win
i agree with your concept, that many expensive cars are inferior to a moddified cheaper car. But i think the EVO is an exception. It is made to have great power for a 2.0L engine, and at the same time handle like no other. I think your idea would apply for a focus vs. a mazda3, i bought my focus for aprrox 6k less than my buddy bought his mazda 3 for. And if put 6k into my focus, it would make the mazda look like a geo.

But there is so much more you would have to do to the focus to be able to beat the EVO in speed and handling, that i think you would start to get even in price ranges, if not spend more on the modded focus.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i think you would be able to beat a evo in the 1/4 and on the twisties with less than 30 k

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
svtguy21 said:
check my sig and my whp-thats with tom tuning my car on a dyno good luck getting 160
I put down 160 whp and 157 tq ......... with just CAI, header, exhaust and BS deleted, no tune . With my cams and tune I put down 173whp 149 tq ...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
owned,!! if they made a quailty cams for my car i would have them both of our hp would be close. plus doesn't your engine react better to mods to begin with, but hey were our one family fighting againist the big bad world of faster cars. so maybe i'm just a lil angry that your cars react better to mod!!! But hell if you can put numbers like that up, then go ahead shit i would be happy as hell if i could get 173 whp!!!

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Yes the duratec does react a-lot better to mods than the zetec, and you have to remember the SVT comes with performance in mind allready, there isn't all that much room for improvemnet over some of the stock parts. The 2.3 duratec comes very restricted and intake alone can give 10+ whp .......... I was shooting for 200 whp N/A, but I have since decided to start building the bottom end and get it ready for boost. My friend's rolln' a 2.3 duratec with cosworth stg. 2, cosworth race exhaust, adjustable cam gears, BS deleted, SPEC stg. 3 clutch, lightweight fly and a ported head and he's makin like 185-190 whp N/A .... that things quick ...... I think he'll break 200 N/A ....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I thought an SVT would make more WHP with all those mods though....guess i was wrong...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea When you Wished me good luck to 15o-160 hp w/ the mods i'm Installing i was trying to go over in my head what I for see my gains to be and I see about 150-160 as well
Th 2.3 is like 130 or so stock whp Correct ?

Im going w/ Short Ram
Not Cold air
Rains way to much in South Fl and i dont want to have to worry about it at all

·
Registered
108 Posts
the d20 is 136 engine horsepower i believe, not whp.

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
correct I think it's like 120 whp ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts