Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings from Macon Georgia. Last week I purchased a 2003 Ford Focus ZX 3 from a friend of mine. Previously known as Fizcut (working on her new name) she has 203k on her ztec. Minor mods to come but first is to make sure she can last another 200k. So far i have ordered some drop springs and wheel adapters (plenty of honda rims out there, almost nothing in 4x108). I will keep most external mods to a minimum, more concerned w great handling and fuel economy.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Welcome to Focus Fanatics. First off, it's Zetec, and it doesn't act the same way that VTEC does. Be sure to do a compression test on the motor. The next big thing to be would be to take care of any maintenance items that you think it would need. Check for oil leaks, coolant leaks, old dry rotted hoses, missing parts etc... If you take care of most of this, it should last you a bit longer. I can't guarantee it to last another 200,000, but it is quite possible.

As for the suspension, I would skip out on just getting springs for it. You will want to buy a suspension kit, which would include shocks/struts that are valved and rated for the springs. Granted, the selection for wheels isn't as great as it is for the 4x100, there are still plenty of options in 4x108.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes maintenance is first, oil leak free, had a minor coolant leak already fixed that. I do know the previous owner and they were actually pretty good about maintenance. They did replace the transmision about a year ago. The shocks and struts are also less than a year old that is why I am just using them for now. As for rims - i tend to swap out often and honda rims are always readily available on Craigslist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts