Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G-tech Dyno of the Ford Racing Intake Manifold

I just recently added a new mod and here is a before and after g-tech dyno run. Take a guess what it is [:)] The green line is before the mod and the black and red lines are 2 back to back runs with the new modification.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well the fact that you are already hitting 200 hp means you are boosted somehow and also cuz you posted this in the FI forum.....umm my guess would be more boost? Cams? Lightweight crank pulley? [dunno]

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm boosting at 15psi but the boost didn't change. BTW, the g-tech numbers are about 50-70whp less than an actual dyno..........at least on my setup.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can't say just yet [;)] Here is another one with just the base run compared to the lower of the 2 "after modification" runs. Tomorrow will be 18psi and maybe even 20psi [:D]

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
200hp and a 0-60 in 11.969? whatttt?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't worry about that 0-60mph, that's just because I was using the g-tech to calculate horsepower. Just like on a dyno, you gradually get up to gear and then hammer it at around 2,000rpm to get a wide range of the power band. So of course your 0-60mph times would be crap doing it this way. Also, the g-tech automatically starts to calculate horsepower when you shift into 2nd gear. However, my 2nd gear spins the tires as my rpms climb so I have to shift from 1st gear straight into 3rd in order to get a clean run. 2nd gear produces a higher whp reading than 3rd gear on the g-tech and my old 2nd gear g-tech dyno run with my supercharger was about 50whp less than when I had it on the mobile dynojet. So really you can add about 50-70whp on the g-tech numbers to get an approximate real dyno number.

·
Registered
784 Posts
wow thats good for a TB

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
i heard those g-techs are HORRIBLE and the iPod touch/iPohne Dynolicious is actually better....and only $12....[hihi]

hence to say i have it but my car isn't anywhere near me to test...i just got it for when i go back...lol....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i heard those g-techs are HORRIBLE and the iPod touch/iPohne Dynolicious is actually better....and only $12....[hihi]

hence to say i have it but my car isn't anywhere near me to test...i just got it for when i go back...lol....
It all depends on how you use it actually. It's been fairly accurate when it comes down to testing 1/8 and 1,000ft times since those are the only 2 distances we run over here. However, horsepower and torque measurements are much lower than an actual dyno. It's pretty good for measuring improvements in performance and power though.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tried to take it to 18psi today but it wouldn't hold. It would drop down to 15-16psi by redline. Maybe it's time for a good electronic boost controller.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts