Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having tons of problems lately and decided to replace my throttle position sensor. The first one I got from Advance Auto was broken, so I got them to replace it before even trying to put it on. The second one will not fit. The plug on the tps will not fit on the plug to the harness and the housing is the wrong size. The part number Advance is selling is:

GP Sorensen 779-3766

You can find that on their sister site, www.partsamerica.com or at any of their stores. If you have a MTX Zetec, this part will not work for you. I recommend asking b16sir1991 or any of the Ford dealerships to get it for you if you need one. 2 weeks now with a CEL because of a misprint by GP is really starting to suck.

Edit: This might work on pre-03 models. Since we have to have different throttlebodies, I'm thinking it COULD be the one for the 00-02. They're listed as the same part number on partsamerica and at AAP stores.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About the same price. I got it at AAP because the parts department at my dealer is closed after noon on saturday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts