Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i'd start a single thread i'd update as i get mods for my focus, instead of creating a new one every time i do something to her. first off, how she looked like when i got her:

after two days of owning her, i got 20% tint all the way around:

here's my most recent mod, lamin-x film for the fog lights:

i know these latest photos aren't too clear, i'll take better ones tomorrow. thinking of getting the blue-ish film for the headlights and smoked for the tails.

as far as installing the film, i'd suggest wetting the film to make it easy to get it in the position you want it to be in... then use a heat gun / hair drier and work from the center of the film out to the edges to get the moisture out.

i have other mods planned and this thread is for anyone who may have a focus like mine and wants to see what the mods i do would be like on their own focus. [cheers]

·
Registered
532 Posts
It sounds like you got almost every option. Also, can you upload interior pictures, please. I hope you enjoy it and good luck.

Your ride is sweet!!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, thanks for posting and the pics. Everyone should do they same, would be cool to follow along everyone's mods!
i hope to look back on my first pic one day and just have that,"holy crap... my car has come a LONG way" feeling. lol!

It sounds like you got almost every option. Also, can you upload interior pictures, please. I hope you enjoy it and good luck.

Your ride is sweet!!!!!
first off, thanks.

truthfully, the only thing i was looking for was a titanium with a back-up camera. everything else was just a bonus / already came with her. [giddy]

and i'll take pics of the interior for you guys tomorrow. one of a few packages i'm missing is the two-tone interior. i love the burgundy one they have. [|)]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nICE looking ride my friend. I may start one myself.
thanks. [cheers] and please do.

as much as i like posting pics of my own focus, i hope that what i do will help someone out. i know i sometimes wonder what a certain thing would look like on my focus... and if i see it on someone else's first... it may help me in my decision.

if someone creates a tux black thread, sterling gray, etc. people with like colors can see how mods will look and act on their own focus.

in the end, you get to post pics / vids of your focus and help someone else out. win / win. [cheers]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some better pictures of the fog light film:

also, since someone asked... pics of my interior:

it's just the regular charcoal leather. also saw this which i thought was neat:

on the passenger rear doors there seems to be a provision to hold more cups.

will update as more mods come. [thumb]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice Car
I want your wheels !!
is that real cowhide Leather?, it looks too perfect!
Just remember not to do any mods that could void your warranty, If in doubt contact your dealer. Protect your Investment I's really top of the range.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Car
I want your wheels !!
is that real cowhide Leather?, it looks too perfect!
Just remember not to do any mods that could void your warranty, If in doubt contact your dealer. Protect your Investment I's really top of the range.
thanks, but i think i'll keep my wheels for now. [histerical]

dunno the material of the leather or if it's plather. [???:)]

my mods will depend on how i feel... hopefully nothing i do voids the warranty. my performance mods (when i do them) will most likely just be bolt-ons.

The leather in the car looks just like mine!
nice! how're you liking your focus?

latest mod is for convenience, here's the back story:

i HATE turning on the cabin lights, it's distracting to me if i'm driving. if i'm with someone and they need to look for something in the glove box, i'd have to turn on the cabin lights for them to find it. solution?

i got one of these (in black to match my interior):

result:

now the cabin light doesn't have to be turned on to see in the glove box. only $2.39 at fry's. some may call it tacky, i think it's convenient and safer for the driver. [grinking]

·
Registered
166 Posts

my mods will depend on how i feel... hopefully nothing i do voids the warranty. my performance mods (when i do them) will most likely just be bolt-ons.

nice! how're you liking your focus?

i HATE turning on the cabin lights, it's distracting to me if i'm driving. if i'm with someone and they need to look for something in the glove box, i'd have to turn on the cabin lights for them to find it. solution?

result:

now the cabin light doesn't have to be turned on to see in the glove box. only $2.39 at fry's. some may call it tacky, i think it's convenient and safer for the driver. [grinking]
I like it!!! [strongman]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
468 Posts

It's both leather (seating surfaces) and pleather (sides and front - non-wear panels).

What a super idea for our unlighted glove boxes - in-elegant but it it inexpensive, wiring-free, useful, functional, and neat! What more could we ask for? [thankyou]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's both leather (seating surfaces) and pleather (sides and front - non-wear panels).

What a super idea for our unlighted glove boxes - in-elegant but it it inexpensive, wiring-free, useful, functional, and neat! What more could we ask for? [thankyou]
yeah, not the most high tech solution. [histerical] but it's simple and just works.

going to do some more mods, just waiting until black friday to see if any site i'm thinking of ordering from will mark stuff down. [cheers]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know some people who are thinking of getting a titanium with the sport / handling package are probably wondering about the 18 inch wheels, and how much space you actually lose with the back seats folded flat due to the increased size of the spare tire. i can safely say, it's not all that much... here's some pictures:

as you can see, the space is still pretty cavernous. here's a pic from the passenger door:

and pics of the stepdown due to the increased size of the spare:

a better angle:

for someone that needs every inch, yeah it may be too much to give up. but as you can see from my pics, it's really not all that bad of a space to give up.

i know other factors play into it like cost of the tires and other things, but space... for the normal joe schmoe, you aren't giving up a lot at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The stick-on light is a great idea for the center console. As it also has no lighting. Gonna haft to get me a couple of those.

I hate the power tap right on top. Wish it was in the console hidden away.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The stick-on light is a great idea for the center console. As it also has no lighting. Gonna haft to get me a couple of those.

i never even thought about using it there. AWESOME heads-up. gonna get another one for the center console. [thankyou]

and yeah, i wish the power tap was also in the center console like it was in my mustang. made it easier to keep things cleaner looking. but seeing the titanium had all these other connections is the center console, it may have been overkill. [histerical]

·
Registered
74 Posts
If your driver's seat is all the way back does it smash into the folded forward bottoms? In your one photo it looks like the passenger seat is all the way back. Is that correct?

·
Registered
468 Posts

I'm with you on both comments there. The center console contains the AV, SD, and USB outlets on my SEL and it is a real PITA to get things quickly in, even during daylight in the garage. [:(] I'd like the tap on the side of the hump - and two of them there. It would also be nice to have one on the left of the wheel for convenient connection of my Garmin (I didn't spring for the Ford Navi system). I think I'm going to add at least three more. It is nice to have hot off connections again - my old Elantra's lighter slot was cold when the car was off.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If your driver's seat is all the way back does it smash into the folded forward bottoms? In your one photo it looks like the passenger seat is all the way back. Is that correct?
i just tested... you can't even fold the bottoms up all the way if the driver's seat is all the way back. my passenger seat is about half way back. the bottoms are on a hinge and will go as far forward as they are able to. i pulled the passenger seat all the way forward and was able to make the bottoms still touch the passenger seat cause they kept going forward on the hinge.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts