Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4,000th post, so I decided it should be to start an info thread. I got these tires put on today. I got a sweet deal by first getting the place to match the Tire Rack price without charging me for mounting....free flat repairs, rotations, 30-day test drive, and a free alignment, no disposal costs, and chrome stems. All in total, 395 for all 4, including the alignment, install, and all that other stuff.

I have to say that I cannot believe the difference so far with this tire over the P6s! It could be just that they had 43k on them. Whatever the case, the road noise disappeared. The car seems so much more..I dunno...light? Like, agile. Not sure how to explain it any better than that. I ran it through some paces here, and they grip/feel so great. Good feedback in corners. I had them put to 35 psi. Have not done snow yet. I am actually excited b/c we have yet another snow emergency here tonight. Getting 6 to 10 inches, so I cant wait to get out and try them in the snow! On dry though, they are lightyears ahead of where I was with the P6. And I am really picky about this type of thing....its why I made sure I got a 30-day trial.

For anyone looking for a tire in the ST's size of 205/50/16, give these a shot. I think you will find them to be better than you may expect. But...you shouldnt doubt them b/c they are from Bridgestone. I was actually looking at the BFG Trct T/A, the BFG Supersport A/S, and then finally settled on the Bridgestone g009. The best tire for snow I have ever had was a Bridgestone, and this tire replaced it. Unfortunately, they dont make the g009 or the g019 tire in our size. Then, I found that they made the Fuzion in our size, and the treads are similar. AND they are WAY cheaper...68 on Tire Rack, NOT on sale!

I have not done snow yet, but so far, you cannot beat the value. Time will only tell if they last, but Bridgestones usually do. So...here is the new tire installed, and a Tire Rack pic:

Nice pic of the tread...they are asymetrical.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really hope so. If they are anything like my their predecessor Bridgestones I had...I will be thrilled.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I had problems with bridgestone tires on my car... I had the g009 and they felt like driving on water balloons. It was gross. Swapped em out for the Firestone firehawk GT and couldn't be happier.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had seen that myself, but the pressure for the car was 30! i put em up to 35/36, and that issue went away. which is why i went just a bit higher than the rec. on this car. id say thats a good idea to do in general.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really? damn...was it a perf. tire? h-rated at least? bridgestones are known for their response. sucks that happened tho. i mean, u have the firestones, and that is bridgestone

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
which was it, so i can steer clear (and others too)....though we are the only 2 posting here it seems

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah, duh, sorry, missed that.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Me and my gf have them on our cars, love them. Smooth and quiet, responsive couldn't be happier with the price

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anddddd....neither could I!! got to put them thru their paces in the snow! did some donuts and stuff in a vacant lot, still all snowed. things are sweet. i am SO happy with them. i know this may change after another year, but for now...i give them an A

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, so on our 4th wkd in a row of snow emergency, i have been able to drive the beast in the snow...and its awesome. i cannot rec. this tire enough! i keep tellin everyone i know lol. heres what i am talking about, form today:

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
youve got it too huh? yup! they are awesome. i keep them at 35, to firm them up. i get so excited when i walk up to the car and i see them on there lol.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the Fuzion on my Focus in 195/60/15. They work good in the snow and rain. When they were new they seemed a little loud and I wished for more dry traction. When summer comes I might change my mind. They seem to wear good and track well. I got about 6k miles on them so far.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just wanted to report, I have the HRi and they are a great tire! I think for the price they are well worth it. I will more than likely buy another set in the future. Good grip in most conditions. Not very good in the snow, decent to good in wet conditions and very good to excellent in dry.

I have had them since about 2006.

When new, most people who rode in my car reported how smooth the car felt. I would say this had a lot to do with low miles on the car, new tires and a good balance job.

G

·
i ahve run a set of hri's for 3 years. great tire for stret and snow driving. when they start to go though you can tell. (they grip less in the wet, a lot less.) i also put mine through hell with autocross. and that spelled doom for one tire. the center tread was worn down to a slick.but they still had good dry traction. and wet was a bit bad. (they were all getting into the replace range.) i ahve a set of fuzion zri's waiting for my 17"s and i think i'mma try to find an hri for the 14"s for next winter.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
They do decent in the snow.
You need to rotate them often or they will wear out very quickly.
Once you hit about 6/32" they will become annoyingly loud.
If you don't rotate them, they will become deafly loud at 6/32"
If you don't rotate them, they will become annoyingly loud at 8/32"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts