Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Because people from other countries use sites like this. We have plenty of people from overseas on the Fiesta ST site.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,298 Posts
Because people from other countries use sites like this. We have plenty of people from overseas on the Fiesta ST site.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Yea makes more sense on the Fiesta st site, but there are other sites such as passionford.com over there as well many more enthusiasts .......As you know ford dropped the focus here & continued on w/ the mk4 else where. Fuel is what drives most ppl.....

·
on thin air
3,668 Posts
Here in CO, everyone just uses Facebook instead of the forum. I’m not a user so I don’t take part in the scene anymore.

I once mentioned forums and a girl laughed at me and said,” who uses forums anymore?”

I replied,” Ever heard of Reddit?"

That shut her down pretty quickly, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Captain TMI
21,227 Posts
Too much change will get you gone. That seems to be the case with Ford. They add too much stuff at once. At least that is what they are blaming the roll-out failure of the Aviator and Explorer on. Ford execs pushed production numbers on a work force dealing with new equipment and tooling. Now you have reports of Explorers doing uninitiated burn-outs in parking lots while the owner has come to a stop. One woman said her automatic braking engaged as she was backing out the driveway slamming her head into the headrest. You also have $80k Aviators with roof leaks. Ford is having to buy back or replace brand new vehicles due to all the problems. I was thinking about getting an Explorer hybrid demo vehicle next year- now I'm not so sure. A few problems there- aside of manufacturing- none of the tests have shown that the ExH is fuel efficient- typically it's barely better than the base engine. Fords have lots of bells and whistles, but nothing makes up for initial manufacture fails of a high magnitude.

I'm not turned off by SUVs like some people. I do like having room for stuff, and I don't have enough income to afford a vehicle for nothing more than fun. I also like a big vehicle for frequent long trips to see my parents. We're crammed in a Mazda3 at the moment waiting for the next new road trip vehicle. Perhaps they will do better with the Edge sized vehicle. I kinda miss the giant station wagon that was the Flex, but I never wanted to put the fuel in it. Ford desperately needed to get into the hybrid game early on as Fords have never been traditionally good with fuel economy- some say it's intentional due to company investment in the oil industry. Eh, maybe, but I tire quickly of all conspiracy theories because those never lead to a resolution without burning the house down. I am proud of them for finally going that route as they have promised now for years to get serious about electrical power adders. I'm also proud of them that they decided to focus more on road performance in the luxury versions. However, I wish they would do it more like Toyota. Toyota uses VVT to change the engine cycle from Atkinson to Otto depending on throttle input. It's an obvious engineering decision. Atkinson cycle produces less power, greater fuel efficiency, and a lower rpm range. This is best for cruising. The Otto cycle makes more power, less fuel efficiency, and higher rpm- best for acceleration. Why not have the best of both cycles if you have VVT?

I thought it was crazy when Ford announced that they would be ending car production in the US. Then they lowered the Escape to the point where it's more station wagon than off road vehicle. That sort of thing is what my family needs- except that it's too small. I do want something just a little larger than the new Escape can provide. I don't even want a Transit Connect wagon because it just adds a taller roof without more room between the seats. Ford never took the family version of that vehicle seriously anyway.

Taking it all in, I can't understand why Ford stock is appealing to anyone right now. I see it has had some growth, but now the problems are appearing. A few hiccups aren't a big deal, but we've all seen how Ford has traditionally treated manufacturing issues in new vehicles. I expect a big hit in stock price and sales although I think someone could make good predictions about how Ford will move in market prior to each quarter's earnings release.

The Mach-E looks like an Infiniti.

It looks like I'm stuck in what I'm stuck in now for another year.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts