Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know their will always be the core enthusiast but in this last year the traffic on this site has dropped very noticeably and feeling with the first couple gens getting older and the 3rd gen being discontinued and leaving behind a sour taste (outside the manual models) it feels like the air has been taken out of this site a bit.

Was there even a FocusFest this year?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I know their will always be the core enthusiast but in this last year the traffic on this site has dropped very noticeably and feeling with the first couple gens getting older and the 3rd gen being discontinued and leaving behind a sour taste (outside the manual models) it feels like the air has been taken out of this site a bit.

Was there even a FocusFest this year?
I have noticed a drop as well. Still more traffic here than at Focaljet.There was a focus fest recently. All the social traffic was on Facebook. The Facebook page is more active than this site.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had these thoughts and have wondered what the future has in store for focus enthusiasts.

·
Grey Friar
605 Posts
Perhaps, we only have to wait about 10-15 years before Ford realizes the enormous strategic mistake they made when they decided to eliminate all sedan production. When they eventually have to face terrible quarterly loss figures, they may decide to bring back a version of the economy car that had more to do with reinvigorating interest in the Ford brand than any ad campaign or any kind of truck ever did... Mk1/1.5 = cheap to buy and operate, easily modifiable, a dominant rally car, and comfortable for it's class... Mk3+ = finally brought over the bell-and-whistles that made Foci a legend on EU streets and rally courses. I hope Ford management will smarten-up before they have to face some really harsh truths.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,298 Posts
I have noticed a drop as well. Still more traffic here than at Focaljet.There was a FocusFest recently. All the social traffic was on Facebook. The Facebook page is more active than this site.
This^^^^ thanx to FB.....Up here for the PNW we had a Ocean shores focus wars which was on FB vs this forum for some reason. Seems like FB took over vs forums. Guess some ppl found it easier then being on a forum. I'm not on fb. Your always going to have some car models come & go as well as ppl's life's change for a different type of vehicle. We bought this focus thanx to fuel being over $5.00 a gallon back in '04....as why I'm here, I found FJ had to many flame wars at the time, hence FF. Now we're needing a bigger vehicle as a life change.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My Focus is a 2010 and I promise you it's my last Focus. My Fiesta ST is my last Ford. Hyundai and Kia are killing it. Mazda makes great looking cars.
I bought both of them new.

Why would I buy a Ford today?

I'm just here to help mostly.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
T We bought this focus thanx to fuel being over $5.00 a gallon back in '04.....
Yes, I have wondered what effect another period of prolonged inflated fuel prices might have on all of this, given the dramatic effect it had on the industry last time.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
The fact that Facebook pages exist now are definitely what caused the vast dip in site traffic. I only visit the site now when I need to update my stuff or check back on old information. The thing is, when the MK3 was introduced, there was a ton of traffic as new owners wanted to modify their new cars. So much info was being shared. Now, it seems as though since so much has already been done and documented, people lurk more than anything. I hope it changes because the site holds a place in my heart. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Why would I buy a Ford today?
Thats a good question.
They dont want to sell cars here anymore because no one wanted to be forced to buy stuff made everywhere else but america. Ford has shown just how much they hate the american consumer.
My focus was built in michigan. It will be the last new ford ill own.
They sell nothing but trucks and cuvs now, and the trucks cost as much as a starter home.
The ranger will flop at its pricepoint.
The ecosport is a smaller less equipped escape at similar price.
Its great they still sell the mustang but not a good starter car.
Not everybody wants to lease everything.
Their future is betting on the selling self driving and electric cars to people with no drivers licenses.

I mean, what is ford doing to win back its customers? Nothing.
Atleast we have the memories.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,298 Posts
Vehicles change & evolve w/ the times......sometimes for the better & sometimes for the no so good, as mentioned above= ecosport & ranger.

·
Rebecca
18,758 Posts
Well I'm on my forth Focus and third ST. Unless I buy a Mustang for my next car I'm done with Ford. I got no wife or kids, just need something practical for Michigan winters that's fun to drive. Luckily Rebecca only has 19000 miles on her. I too lack a Facebook account, granted I haven't been active in here years. A mustang would require a winter car, but there's always the GTI or Civic.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's the shift from small cars to SUV, the shift from caring about the pleasure of driving to "driving is just another chore", the shift from "owning a car 'till the wheels fall off" to "I'll lease it and then turn it in" mentality. Just a part of the shifting social norms.

There's always a place for forums like this, it's just getting more and more niche each passing day.

Would I get another Ford? Probably not. Driving in a city sucks from my experience with the company van, so I much prefer just taking public transportation and renting a car maybe once every month for self-indulgence.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The American companies want to abandon cars in general it seems and seems to be fine with the Asian companies which are so willing to fill the void plus they generally make better cars than the Big 3.

This is my first and last Ford anyway and I'll be sticking to Toyotas likely from now on unless I win the lottery.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,298 Posts
Don't forget, Dodge offers vaies trim levels of the Charger's/Challenger's.......

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's the shift from small cars to SUV, the shift from caring about the pleasure of driving to "driving is just another chore", the shift from "owning a car 'till the wheels fall off" to "I'll lease it and then turn it in" mentality. Just a part of the shifting social norms.

There's always a place for forums like this, it's just getting more and more niche each passing day.
Well put. And I agree, though I wish it weren't true

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'll always at least consider Fords (and GM) when shopping. They make some good vehicles (and some bad) and you can get good value buying a slightly used one.

Really a shame about the DCT, bc otherwise Ford had a pretty good car for the money in the MK3.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,298 Posts
I have noticed a drop as well. Still more traffic here than at Focaljet.There was a focus fest recently. All the social traffic was on Facebook. The Facebook page is more active than this site.
The way this forum has changed now, possibly lose more ppl.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
The way this forum has changed now, possibly lose more ppl.......
But new people won’t know the difference.
Yes the Focus being discontinued and all the existing ones getting older, fewer, and their owners being less interested in forums would mean less new traffic anyway. So this is just an easy to manage homogenized platform that one software owner can apply to multiple communities very cost effectively.

·
FF Affiliate
30,142 Posts
I dont agree with the lets change and screw up the forum to make it easier to maintain and put more money in there pockets , what good is that when the Forum dies and there left with nothing ?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,298 Posts
Why would they throw a wallpaper of the mk4's in the headliner that aren't even offered over here?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts