Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Google has nothing. Looked through this site found nothing. Why? Probably because what I'm looking for is something no one else looks for. All I've found are acc, and ON fuse posts. I need a fuse that only gets power once the engine is started, and looses when engine is turned off. Any help?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they aren't on when the key is at the position before starting the car untill after engine is running? What fuse numbers are we looking at?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No. There's battery supply fuses, which have per all the time. Then there are accessory fuses, get power when the let is in the first click. Finally there are ignition fuses, get power when the key is in run. After starting it's still just the ignition fuses. There are no fuses that are only live when the engine is running.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think I'm confused at your question. When the key is in run it provides power to everything whether the engine is actually running out not.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Wolf alchemy is boxing himself in likely as there is virtually no device on earth that uses power only AFTER engine starts, almost all are powered up with the key before starting the car. The key turns them back off too.

'...I'm surprised no electronics run after starting the car.'

?????????? ALL the electronics work after starting the car, you're nuts there. They cut off with the key but some few like memory get kept on to preserve settings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wolf alchemy is boxing himself in likely as there is virtually no device on earth that uses power only AFTER engine starts, almost all are powered up with the key before starting the car. The key turns them back off too.

'...I'm surprised no electronics run after starting the car.'

?????????? ALL the electronics work after starting the car, you're nuts there. They cut off with the key but some few like memory get kept on to preserve settings.
No. You misread. I said I'm surprised there are no electronics that run after starting the car, as in, they turn on due to alternator being spun activating the conversion of DC to ac, or which ever. The reason for this weird thread is I bought something that makes a noise when given power. I felt like there was some sort of electronic device that may only get power after engine has been started, due to some bullshit or something. Since it doesn't exist. Is there a fuse that doesn't cut like the radio when you start the engine?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like turning on a phone, starting up windows. You don't wanna hear that shit twice in a row. XD that's why I'm looking for a fuse or some electronic that gains power after engine has started. Since that's not an option, is there a fuse that doesn't get cut during engine start like the radio does?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Try the fog light fuse in the passenger cabin. That's where I'm running my "run" power from and I'm 99% sure it doesn't cut out when the starter is engaged.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
You can run the power directly from the battery (installing a fuse of course) or tap into the existing 12V outlet in the car, and install a relay using the windows or whatever other source you find.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can run the power directly from the battery (installing a fuse of course) or tap into the existing 12V outlet in the car, and install a relay using the windows or whatever other source you find.
If I tap the original cigarette outlet, would that impact the turbo power output to my phone that takes 5.0v~3.0A? Or unlikely?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you come off the battery directly a 02fordsvt said, you'll be fine. You just don't want to leave it connected for long periods of time without the car starting as it will have the potential to drain your battery. Also be sure to install an inline fuse within 1ft of the battery positive connection

1 - 19 of 19 Posts