Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL, I'M HAVING SOME TROUBLE WITH MY TAIL LIGHT. I DISCOVERED ITS BECAUSE FUSE #58 KEEPS BLOWING OUT. I REPLACED THE FUSE AND THE TAIL LIGHT WORK FINE WHEN IT'S IN REVERSE, BUT AS SOON AS I PUT THAT BAD BOY IN DRIVE THE FUSE BLOWS AND I'M LEFT WITH NO TAIL LIGHT ONCE AGAIN, AS WELL AS THE FRONT LEFT BLINKER. THE TURN SIGNALS WORK FINE, BUT THEY JUST WON'T STAY ILLUMINATED FOR NIGHT TIME DRIVING. IF I COULD JUST FIGURE OUT WHY MY FUSE KEEPS BLOWING, THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK. IT'S A FORD FOCUS ZX3, 2002, BY THE WAY. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I WANT TO TRY TO FIX THIS MYSELF SO I CAN PASS MY STATE INSPECTION, BUT IF NOT THEN I GUESS I'M GONNA HAVE TO PAY PRETTY PENNY TO GET I LOOKED AT AND WHAT NOT. THANX IN ADVANCE FOR ANY FEEDBACK.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. Check the wiring in the rubber boot between the hatch and the body. I pulled my boot back and WTF? All the wires had bare metal showing, and a few were broken. Ford told me that this was a common problem on there cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts