Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just put in some of those fancy headlights with the halos in them. Alright i tapped into the the front break light. Worked fine for a while then poof the passenger halo and runnng ligt donot work, not on the side or the rear. yet the turn signals and break lights work. I did not properly ground the wire on that side and methinks i blew a fuse. Do you think so?[?|]

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
If you didnt use a resistor on the halos you probably blew the LED for the halo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, first of all, if you didn't ground it right, it wouldn't work at all.

Second, there is no "front break light", I have no idea what that is.

There was someone on here who installed neons and did the exact same thing, on one side the parking lights/running lights wouldn't work. However, now that I think about it, I can't for the life of me remember what the problem was.

All I can say is recheck all of your wiring, and check your fuses. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
funny thing is that it worked for a little then the damn parking lights went out. if it is a fuse or relay do you know which one it would be

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your owners manual will tell you which fuse is for the parking lights. Sorry, I would consult my Focus owner's manual, but it was in my glove box when I traded my Focus in.

*edit* Yes, I think he ended up fixing it, come to think of it, I believe it was a direct short to ground and it blew a fuse. Like I said, recheck your wiring to make sure nothing has shorted out (like bare wire against metal) and then check your fuses.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As you are describing it, no. The whole purpose of a GROUND wire IS to contact metal, otherwise it wouldn't be "grounded".

·
Registered
793 Posts
mine are hooked up without the resister because the resistor made them very dim, mine still work fine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay for the final time. The ground was not secured very well. Thus it would on occasion, cause the halos to go out. Now the ground is more secure. Now i was wondering if the losse ground would cause a short. There it is

1 - 10 of 10 Posts