Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im installing a on/off switch for my amp. im using a fuse tap. now when i use the fuse for the switch what amp rated fuse should i use?? i made a stupid mistake along time ago with using a fuse with too high of a amp and...well...smoked the wire u could say. should i just use a 5amp?? or as high as a 10amp. thanks in advance

·
Registered
228 Posts
If the switch is to the remote on, you don't need or want more than a 1 amp fuse! Most decks only put out .5 amps for remote. A 5 to 10amp is WAY TOO BIG!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i am adding a switch to the remote wire. so 1?? do i even need a fuse really for that

·
Registered
228 Posts
nov173 said:
yes i am adding a switch to the remote wire. so 1?? do i even need a fuse really for that
If you're getting the power for the switch from the factory radio wires, they will be fused. It's not crucial to have a fuse, if there's a short the factory fuse will blow but if you put one at the switch it can be easier to change if you ever need to.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks guys. i wasn't planning on using a fuse, but i was just making sure that i am not going to mess something up by not fusing the remote switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts