Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha Ha. My friend has this older T-bird with a 4.6 V8 and thought he was something special. He was telling me that his car was so fast and blah blah blah. I told my svt focus would spank him and he said there's no way it could because it was a 4 banger. I busted out laughing and was like lets go. We took it on the Highway at night. No one was in sight it was like 3am. We take off and come to find out he wasn't ahead of me i took off and stayed around 3 car lengths ahead of him. And just kept pulling and pulling on him. What was really funny is that his car was limited to 103, and i kept on going after 100 and stayed cruising at around 130 till i lost sight of him in my rearview just to piss him off. I ended up going to another friends house to chill and called the guy i raced the next day why i lost sight of him behind me. He said he couldn't keep up and that i was F** up in the head for driving that fast down the highway. I just laughed. He was mad that i left him completely and didn't talk to him again that night after the race. I just wanted him to know that i left him totally alone in the middle of the night. LOL[^]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Sounds like it was pretty awesome. Nice kill!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I had a 96 4.6 bird before i got my focus, the svt is Definetly faster. Which year did he have? some years had varying torque. The 96-97 had a better intake, which provided a WHOPPING 285ft-lb torque, the 94-95 only put out 260 from a crappier intake. my 96 bird did a high 15 1/4 ET. The svt does a low 15, you can see the differience. Plus, the bird tops out with it's 4spd auto at 105mph. Try racing a 95 5spd supercoupe though, you'll get blown away bad, 230hp, 315torque, 5 spd, fast.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ahh good ol thunderturds, i remember my first good kill was a frind of mines V6 which believe it or not has killed a few V8 birds, but after i beat him i knew the mony i was spending was going to a good cause

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Its a shame really, but the new t-bird was the same way, so was the merc. marauder, I liked the marauder (and I am def. not a merc. guy), that car failed because they sold it as a hot car, and it wasn,t hot enough, the t-bird looked goofy to me though my wife liked it, but if you were over 6' 0" you didn't fit ( that was stupid on fords part, considering the target audience on the t-bird)....nice kill man, that must have been fun..

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
are the older tbirds the same chassis & engine as the Lincoln Mark 8s? If they are then I am impressed. My cousin has a 93 Mark 8 and he annihalates me off the line. We haven't gotten on the highway yet so I'm not sure how they compare above 60 mph.
My stepdad has a new tbird and I wouldn't dare race one of those things. I really don't mind being slower in a straight line because our cars have the ability to take corners at high speeds.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
the svt doesnt do a low 15... my friends rsx type s does 15.2 and ive seen him race an svt... (i was in the rsx while he did it) and we smashed em... he smashed me too in my zetec... oh well. but he beat me a LITTLE worse than he beat the svt. i love the svt though so dont get me wrong...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The 89-97 tbird was on the mn-12 chassis. The mark 8 is built on a VERY similar chassis, but that's where the simularities stop. The mark 8's used a DOHC 32 valve v8 4.6 engine that was similar to the older mustang cobras, pushing 280hp. That would be the reasoning behind that mark 8 killing your focus hehe. And it would only further smother you on the highway. there's a lot of grunt in those on the highway. The new tbirds run a puny little v8 pushing 252 hp, but still aren't quick because of their weight. Mofocus, was your friend's v6 bird heavily modded? Those little 3.8's only push maybe 145ish hp, in a 3800lb car? A stock zetec focus would win against a v6 hands down.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yeah, those 32 valve lincolns are pretty fast for a big car, I have a friend with one ( a 2 door mark 8 ) and I am impressed with how quick it is, it will smoke the crap out of the tires if you try.
I have another friend with a northstar caddy and I keep trying to talk the two of them into a night at the dragstrip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.