Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3158 Posts

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Well I got off my lazy butt and hit up the Lowes and got a rattle can of Plastidip and did some car modding today.

Anyone else had some fun with Plastidip? Post up some pics!

I know Pattacular has some pics [popcorn]

Temp usage. -30 - 200

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/fil...6techsheet.pdf

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rims came black, but my whole car is covered in a VERY fine ash due to the fires nearby, getting too close for comfort to be honest, less than 5 miles away now. So the matte black rims are supposed to be glossy, but I have heard of people plastidipping the rims.

just a question, what's the point? why not paint it with normal paint? it just looks black....
I can just peel it off if I want, it's a rubber substance that is sprayed on and it looks matte like the door handles and pillars.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also they don't make Carbon Fiber gas doors for our cars so I can't do that. T_T

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Boom, more plastidip!

rear diffuser

front lower grill

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't mean to go off topic here, but best of luck to you. [eek]
Thanks, there is a whole lot of concrete between me and the fire but still, all it takes is a change of the wind and then I might start worrying more. [dunno]

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
^ no you just clean off the surface and spray away! then peel off if you don't want any more

I plastidipped my chrome trim on my 740

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
do you follow same steps as regular paint? looks good!!
just clean and spray. don't sand, plastidip acts just like vinyl and clings to the paint. masking off it the same, but you don't need to worry about spraying on other surfaces because it just comes right off with a rag.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIMS!!!!!!!!!!

ive also done all the trunk trim and badges.as well as parts on alot of my buddies trucks

·
Godspeeding
2,008 Posts
Question: How many cans do you need to do your wheels. I have been thinking about spraying my winter wheels.

Here is mine. "Euro Style" Vents and my chrome trunk trim when I had a 00-04 rear end.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
i bought 2 cans when i did my wheels and only used 1 full can. and a few sprays outta the second can

·
Registered
734 Posts
^I actually only bought one can and still had a tiny bit left in it when I was done.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I need to do this.. to protect my wheels from the winter. Then I can redo them in the spring.

but I might just do the spokes

1 - 20 of 3158 Posts