Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...so you'd think that a chick would be the dumb one to key some ex-boyfriends car. RIGHT. Let's try the other way around. And he didn't just key one side, he keyed both. And both times I couldn't get a picture of him doing it so he could pay for that crap. Now, I know insurance may or may not cover me getting it done myself. But I'm def. not all for paying some guy 1400 bucks to paint a line from end to end. So, does anybody know what I should do buy and how to paint the panels to get this done myself? I'm tired of looking at it! And it's making me not wanna do any mods! grrrr Any help with this is greatly appreciated, tx!

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
well no 1 thats an ahole right there.....
secondly you should be able to get a "2in1" scratch repair pen at like murays....
they're made by duplicolor....
should work for you...
like $5 a pen....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but don't those leave like paint marks where the keymarks are? I used something once that was like a really thin brush that I got from the dealer but it left like a paint mark...I just figure that a fresh paint job would do it...I dunno?

·
Banned
503 Posts
sounds like an excuse to get ur car painted some exotic color...[:D] thats the only good thing i could thing of comin gout of this...

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
take it up with your insurance if possible.
deductibles are usually low since the damage isn't done by you.

When some fool keyed my car it was $900+ and worth every penny.
They don't just paint a line from end to end. They will match the paint perfectly, and refinish the whole side of the car so it's blended and matched. And usually they offer a warranty good for many years, so the work done to your car is certainly better than trying to mask it your-self.

·
Banned
503 Posts
also depends on if they got into the sheet metal too...sometimes if its deep enough they total or have to pull the panels off and filler them over.....which sucks...

Also, tell ur ex that they are yellow because they keyed ur car...sound slike a girl thing todo, sad that a guy did it...but thats just me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL yeah I know what ya mean! Since when do guys do that crap?! Funny cuz his friends used to call him sissy man. I guess that's why! Ha! Well yeah, I guess best way to go is take it up with the insurance people. Thanks for the advice guys! =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts