Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
yep, been there a few times to the Ford Werk in Saaurlouis.

·
Registered
325 Posts
On the one hand makes me love the car more because of everything that went into building it, but on the other diminished the car by showing how generic it is...
Oh well guess I just need to undo some of that hard work :)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the one hand makes me love the car more because of everything that went into building it, but on the other diminished the car by showing how generic it is...
Oh well guess I just need to undo some of that hard work :)
I look and see these fantastic robots doing really sophisticated work.. I am impressed. the people do well too..
that stamping press in the German video is great to see.
I like seeing the rough car bodies getting dipped (for anticorrosion) too.

I wonder how many paint colors they can spray at the same time (same day etc.) Or do they have to alternate sets of colors due to limitations?
I would think the multi coat pearl/metallic have to be done differently?

Part was interesting where the cars alternate black white black white.. But then two white in a row... ? still wondering how they do colors....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Awesome find! I really enjoyed the final driving test at the end of the German video.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
I look and see these fantastic robots doing really sophisticated work.. I am impressed. the people do well too..

I wonder how many paint colors they can spray at the same time (same day etc.) Or do they have to alternate sets of colors due to limitations?

Part was interesting where the cars alternate black white black white.. But then two white in a row... ? still wondering how they do colors....
production line colors are as entered into the computer. it is not random, it is as a vehicle is ordered. The Koeln plant for the Fiesta, produces a car in 15hrs. That is parts in the door to driving a completed car out the door, in 15hrs. Facinating to see in person.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Cool video. From now on if I ever order a car from the factory I will ask for to be parked at at the back of the train...it could have a couple miles less on it! lol

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool video. From now on if I ever order a car from the factory I will ask for to be parked at at the back of the train...it could have a couple miles less on it! lol
Yes that was interresting how the train cars are loaded.. running down many cars hooked together.
Do they make mistakes? YOUR car meant for Vermont ends up in Oregon? [rant]

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
If that was the USA I could see that happening...but I don't think Germans make mistakes do they? haha

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The Euro new Focus started shipping to dealerships today from Saarlouis Assembly Plant.

And to the poster asking if Focus comes in wagon form in Europe, yes it does

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

They get painted and then get sequenced in the order they need to be built.

US… guy with gloves checking panel gaps…
Germany… Laser? (at least that's what it appears to be…

I'd much rather buy a German built Focus…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkpdI88PNYE&feature=youtu.be&t=55s
They get both.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Tooling is fitting in Saarlouis and then shipped to the US.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts