Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me say this... I'm not trying to start yet another MFT bash thread. I love my car, and I think MFT is an amazing piece of technology. I'm having one small problem, and am trying to figure it out. Thought I would share today's chat transcript.

Please wait for a Sync Agent to respond.

Thank you for contacting the Ford & Lincoln-Mercury Sync Support Center.

You are now chatting with 'Brian'

How may I assist you?

you: Hi! What bluetooth profiles does my version of sync use?

Brian: May I have the make , model and carrier of your cell phone ?

you: I know what my phone uses, I'm looking for what my MFT uses... Samsung Epic, Sprint

Brian: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Brian: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Brian: MFT My Ford Touch ?

you: yup

Brian: the Supported audio Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.5,

Brian: Are you having problems with pairing your cell phone ?

you: What about the rest of the profiles?

Brian: Bluetooth profiles

Brian: May I have your lastname, first and zip code?

you: Yes. My phone CONSTANTLY drops connection... at least 4 times in an hour drive. Upgraded the MFT, so the next thing to try is to upgrade my phone.
you: XXXX

Brian: Were you able to select the auto download from the vehicle to off ?

you: Yes. Will not reconnect until I cycle the bluetooth on/off on my phone, then connect through MFT.

Brian: 1. Please press the 'menu' button.
2. Please select 'settings' at the left side of the screen.
3. Please select 'phone'.
4. Please select the 'arrows' located at the right side of the screen.
5. Please select 'manage phonebook'.
6. Please select the Auto download from 'on' to 'off'

you: done.

Brian: Were you able to perform a master reset and reconnect the cellphone without downloading the phonebook ?

you: Brian, I don't want to be rude, but I've literally spent hours messing with this problem that according to Ford doesn't exist. What I need is ALL the blutooth profiles that Sync or MFT uses in my current version. My phone uses these profiles... A2DP, AVRCP, DUN, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP 1.5, HSP, OPP, PBAP, SDAP... I would like to compare them.

Brian: Please hold one moment while I research your concern. This may take up to 3 minutes.

Brian: Due to the complexity of your concern, we would like to suggest an alternative communication medium. The SYNC Support Center can be reached at 1-800-392-FORD (3673) option 1 and then option 3. Your reference number is (XXXXX). Please provide this to your Customer Service Representative to ensure we handle your concern most efficiently.

Brian: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Brian: If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them, if not please take a few seconds to let my Boss know how I did today by clicking on the word "Close" in the chat window and filling out my exit survey. I would really appreciate it.

you: I didn't get an answer, just more run around. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this a complaint? The agent seemed helpful and competent. You asked a question that is quite reasonably beyond what first-level support should be able to answer.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The responses are almost computer like, they are read from a Q&A book i am sure. Good luck when speaking to a REAL person, As I am sure it will be the same.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mft uses BT 2.0, HFP 1.5 and supports 1.0, its at the syncmyride site

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/myfordtouch/

did you try the solutions on syncmyride, like delete your phone in mft, delete sync in your phone, reset you phone, and then reverse pair your phone?

If this were the only profiles that apply, then you would never be able to transfer photos. There has to at least be some kind of image profile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile#List_of_profiles

Is this a complaint? The agent seemed helpful and competent. You asked a question that is quite reasonably beyond what first-level support should be able to answer.
Sorry, I had assumed a help line would be able to help. As shown by the link above, anybody (me included) can look things up on the web.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I wasn't aware we could even transfer photos... did you mean to the MFT? Because as far as I know we can only go through USB and SD for pictures. Not that it matters to me, my iPhone pairs within seconds of turning the car on, everytime.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts