Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a new car three weeks ago. 2006 ford fucus zx3 5-speed. I decided to be safe with this car and pamper it, you know regular washes and vacuums and regular matience (oil, changes and tune ups)(I was rather rough on my last car, but keep in mind I was 18 when I got it and it was a 3rd gen nissan maxima 5-speed). Normally this would be very expensive but I paid a little extra to get the warranty up graded. So for the next 4 or so years all I have to worry about is 1. brakes 2. tires 3. the clutch. So basically that means I can drive it as hard as I want and just take it back when something breaks(safely that is). This finally sunk in tonight.

I'm not from this city so, rather down in Ohio where there is no city traffic but crazy turny back roads. So city driving is so boring for me (but its funny watching how bad some drivers are). Then while I was learing to drive a 5-speed I would go and drive on the backroads in West Virginia. As fast as possible learning how to down shift into and out of turns. Fun shit. SO tonight I decided to try out the focus full blast. I was coming back from a library over Near the university of pittsburgh and I took the side street back rather than the main streets which were clear at this time. I wanted to get to this turny decline I had found. Took it as fast as I could. Hitting some turns at 60mph and decelerating to 40-30 right before the turn and accelerating before your even out of the turn. This car can hook. I was amazed. I still havent had a long stretch to learn its max speed (a buddy of mine said his friends zx4 zetec auto maxed out at 110). but there are a few bridges and I've hit 90 before the end and the car still have good acceleration. I konw, I know safety first and I always think that first but I had to try her out. So I get near my place and there is a moderate left turn then A fork in the road and I need to make the left one so I give it hell in second and go towards the left looking at the oncoming bus heading towards me and I just keep gunning it (okay so this wasnt safe at all, sorry). Then I see a cop heading towards me in the oncoming lane, I keep Gunning it waiting for lights to flicker, rapidly decelerate when I get right near him then let up of the brake in second and cruise by. I was just waiting for those light to flicker. I see him make a lef thinking that he's turning to come get me and fly towards my house. Park the car and head inside. Amazingly fun night. This car can hook. The independent suspension can handle well. Better tires and bigger rims would make a big difference, But I'd hate to de-engineer the car. But some 16's with a 7 inch width might not be too bad. Anyways I have to be safer in the future but since I paid for the extra warrenty on it I might as well have fun. Safely...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome and glad u didnt get caught.

·
Registered
613 Posts
go with some stock svt wheels and tires
you'd like them very much

·
Registered
131 Posts
I live in Pembroke Pines Florida. There are no hills and only straight roads.
except on place Presidential Circle , An one from around here know how much fun this could be well any ways I can't turn it down ever time I come to this Circle i have to do it. You can find me here most night when I'm bored! I wish we had more roads like that! I love when people think they can keep up with me around it... AHAHA

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
just wait till you get "tires" , they will make a day & night differance, stockers suck big time!
you would be suprised at what the dealer will let you moddify without voiding your warrenty[8D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts