Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Due to the amount of time I spend living out of my car on race weekends, this mod will be a godsend.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
353 Posts
nice ingenuity ... i will be doing this as soon as my car gets outta the shop this weekend

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
very nice and useful mod, the last time i bought some molding from hd or lowes or whatever i had to put it up through between the front seats and almost touching the windshield, i wish i had known about this. god work!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
well ... did this the other day and its such an awesome mod ... thanks for the ideas

and ... i own a 2000 focus and it works the same ... the spring coil looks like its in a dif position but it still works just fyi

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm gonna try this out ASAP. Looks great and your pictures are really helpful!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^^^^I'm glad somebody actually got to try this mod. And it's nice to know it works on a 2000 Focus. That leads me to suspect it will work on all the different years. But you never know. If your seats look similar to the pictures, you'll probably be ok.

Actually......if I go to FF-2009 I'll probably be sleeping in the car someplace, using this mod. Might save me a two day's motel bill. [^]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm gunna try this 2moro =) when i go to the drive-ins, this is gunna b great

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did it!

Before

After!

Might not seem like a big deal, but wow, what a difference! Thanks for the mod idea bluefront! Highly recommenced this mod too. You either like it or don't and you can just put a pin back in if you don't like it.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Hmm I poked around at my seat there and didn't quite figure out how the panel comes off yet.. Will try again when it's not sunset [hihi]

My seats look different than those though.. at least the plastic parts are definitely different

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
^^^^^With an '09 you're sort of on your own here. If it's like an '06, you remove the handle, then pull the back edge toward the rear of the car, releasing two plastic clips. Then the rear section of the panel can be moved toward the door slightly, and then pushed forward, which releases the front catch.

Sounds harder than it is......the whole thing comes out in a flash. There are no screws whatever, other than one on the handle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the whole thing comes out in a flash. There are no screws whatever, other than one on the handle.
Haha! i read your tutorial and i still didn't feel sure about it, so i checked them over like 5 times. Haha!

To be honest, the hardest part of the whole thing was putting the stinking trim back on!

BTW: got to using the flat seats. Yeah, the focus can take 2 adults laying on them at once. [headbang][headbang][headbang] [thumb]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah that trim piece is a little tricky....it might be a little easier if the bolts holding the seat down were removed, and the whole seat propped up a little. But it's really not necessary.

Glad to hear you didn't break your seat-backs off during your testing...... [cheers]

·
Registered
442 Posts
I did this a few months back. With the seats all the way forward and the height adjusted right I can get it to be completely flat. I have the part from a drivers side seat that lets you adjust the height on the passanger side also.

I hauled 16 8" 2x4 last weekend. It was raining that day too, so I'd like to think everyone else at lowes was jealous haha.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
OMG.......16 2x4s? What I wonder is why didn't Ford make something like this standard equipment? It seems so useful, and easy for a DIY mod. You'd think in this era of smaller cars, this sort of feature could be used in advertising. Maybe they just want people to buy Ford trucks? [scratch]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'll be doing this as soon as I have time. I'm tired of my girlfriend complaining about how the seats don't recline. My Mustang seats didn't recline enough either. Now my Explorer's seats...that's a different story. Those suckers reclined like a freakin' bed. Thanks for the how-to!

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
This should be called, "bluefront's Nash seat mod".[grinking]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
^^^^^You're showing your age......I doubt many people here know what you're talking about.

Ever drive a Nash Metropolitan? Now there was a small car from the past. Seats didn't fold on that one.....

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Yes, I'm showed my age with that remark.

We had a neighbor that owned a Metropolitan when I was a young lad back in '69.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great Free Mod! It's the same crap on my Cobra though the configuration is a bit different. The results are the same!

Great Find!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts