Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it cost to get my cloud 9 white focus painted black? I love the way the black focus looks.

·
Registered
418 Posts
a whole lot of $$$. There are so many other cool mods you could do. Or you might consider just trading your's in. My wife's focus is black and it does look good, however it's a bitch to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yea if you wanted a professonal paint job done right, it would cost you atleast a couple of G-units.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like Maaco or something. I've done too much to my focus to sell it I just wish it were black instead of white since it already has black trim and black windows. White just looks kind of cheap to me for some reason. And you can definitely NOT BEAT a recently waxed black focus!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Dude, stay the kcuF AWAY from MAACO. They will ruin your car, and make it look like complete shit. I knew a local ricer that got himself a Maaco paint job, and I shit you not, it looked like a spray pain job. It was godawful.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol..alright thanks man I'll take your advice. Any more recommendations?

·
Registered
147 Posts
depends on what kind of condition the car is in. the car may LOOK to be in very nice condition, but if there are any dings, dents, warpage in sheetmetal, or scratches in the sheetmetal they will show when sprayed black. black (although a very common color), is one of the most expensive colors (even on top of pearls and candys since most custom paint shops mix their own which saves the consumer money) to get sprayed due to the amount of body work that usually goes along with it.

a while back before i decided on metallic maroon paint job for my first supra, i was quoted $5500 to get it sprayed black, and thats just with a few minor dings. if you want a professional job, itll cost you... if you pay $1-2000 for a black paint job, itll look like a $1-2000 black paint job (may look good/great, but the amount of body work done, or lack there of, before spray will show). if you go to a shop and get quoted $5000 (not uncommon for black), itll look like a $5000 paint job... if you go to maaco, itll look good until you get it home, then realise you made a big mistake.

one thing you could always do is go to a local college/university and have the automotive department spray it... theyre usually always looking for cars to teach spray techniques on, so you usually end up getting away with paying for the paint itself. also, if you got a good eye, you could strip the paint you have now (not down to bare metal, just get the clear off and scuff up the OEM base coat), and do all the prep and bodywork yourself (including spraying primer and sealer... and im not talking about a rattle can job either), then you may get away with just spraying base and clear and paint costs. remember, the more work you do yourself will always reduce the price you pay to a shop.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
what he said.

another suggestion for you car. Paint the trim gloss white, same with the mirrors. Then to go with the black glass, get some black or gunmetal rims. That would look very good IMO. Put up a pic, someone might be able to photoshop it for ya.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
yep yep, i like the look of the white, u just gotta take care of painting the black trim and it'll look a hell of a lot better.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
turbovation, hit me up man I can get you a spot and they do really good work, hit me up on PM

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the imput guys! Anyone know of a place that would paint the black trim and how much it would cost to do the trim, hatch strip as well as the side view mirrors and door handles (if I can't find them at a mazda dealership!)??

·
Registered
147 Posts
you should be able to get away with little pieces for a decent price. not much work needs to be done to plastic to paint it. ive never taken pieces of a car in to get painted, but ive had friends take urethane bumpers in and paid like $300 for an awesome, perfectly matched job... well, as perfectly matched as it could get since flex-additive (needed for flexable parts.. hence the name)changes colors very slightly.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
another different idea is to clearcoat the black trim. I dunno if that was said above....would match the tint, wouldnt look so cheap if it were shiny

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
As a cloud 9 white focus owner, I say keep it the same color. I love that my car is white, and I wouldnt want it any other way. If the black trim peices bother you, then get them painted white. White looks really good when cleaned and waxed too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts