Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it's stated above, it's true. I have spent the last week and a half trying to track one kit down. Apparently Ford has stopped production on one part in the kit making it unavailable. CFM states that it will carry them starting 12/31/11 but if anyone knows company's and estimates that is a place holder for an unknown. And all the other companies that "carry" the kit actually don't, they buy them from ford and ship them to you. So they don't have them. [rant]

I am also putting up a thread in the BST section but wanted to drop a line here to see if anyone had any leads that I can look into. I was one week from ordering the kit 4 months ago and then lost my job and waited, now they don't exist and I am furious! I can't stand the drum brakes and want a set of discs, so if you know of a work around that would rock too.

Thanks again,
-VonKrause- [wrenchin]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Is there anyway to get a parts list and get parts separately

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's the brake caliper and bracket, everything else should still be available, but probably more expensive to put it all together.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
What?! They can't stop making the caliper, it's got to be just the bracket. That sucks cause that will cause some SVT's to be totaled now my insurance companies if they can't get some parts. Not saying that's what will happen but that's what I'm thinking in my head.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I believe I saw the rear brackets are out and the front calipers are out in some recent threads. But I would assume the rear calipers are out too if the fronts are done.

You can still purchase remanufactured calipers separately elsewhere. Pricey though without core..

Makes me wonder if I should remove the SVT brake kit from my Focus and convert back to drums before I trade it in when I do in another year or two.. Afterall, it's rare starting now. [:)]

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
But it'll be such a pain in the butt.. [:(]

Yea I was thinking that somewhere down the line whoever owns my focus would be pissed when it comes time for them to do brake pads if they have no idea what it is. They wouldn't figure it out unless they came on here and posted about how their weird focus they got doesn't have drums like the rest of them and need to find brake pads for the car.. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts