Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dct LC is locked out by DCT TCM safety protocols/programming..... no way around it yet

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

You can launch the dct “never said anything about this being good or safe for the car” by pressing the brake pedal hard, and then the gas, the car will rev to 2500 or so, and then when you release the brake the clutches grab and it launches pretty good. I’ve done it a few times in my focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
You can launch the dct “never said anything about this being good or safe for the car” by pressing the brake pedal hard, and then the gas, the car will rev to 2500 or so, and then when you release the brake the clutches grab and it launches pretty good. I’ve done it a few times in my focus.

Thats a factory launch setting, i have my LC set at 4200 on my NAS-T, NA powered hatch

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats a factory launch setting, i have my LC set at 4200 on my NAS-T, NA powered hatch

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Why can’t it be adjusted to lock the timing and make a popping sounding limiter while in drive?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Why can’t it be adjusted to lock the timing and make a popping sounding limiter while in drive?

If we set it for less than the factory number yes.. but wouldn't sound good.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts

Not as easy as you think, have been round and round with sct, and the tcm safeties are locked out

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
53 Posts
If we set it for less than the factory number yes.. but wouldn't sound good.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Hell I’d settle for 100 rpm less and have that pop sound plus the 2500 is a little much for my tires dry pavement anyways they just barely start to spin so slightly lower rpm wouldn’t be terrible anyways for the launch especially on the clutches I’d imagine?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Hell I’d settle for 100 rpm less and have that pop sound plus the 2500 is a little much for my tires dry pavement anyways they just barely start to spin so slightly lower rpm wouldn’t be terrible anyways for the launch especially on the clutches I’d imagine?

Id be game to test, if you have our tune

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I’ve got toms tune with the sct x4.. anything you could do?

Let me chk the software to make sure it can be set that low, will also chk in the available programming

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let me chk the software to make sure it can be set that low, will also chk in the available programming

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Okay cool, let me know I’m online and active for the next hour or so

21 - 31 of 31 Posts