Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a video of the obx header with a fswerks race exhaust. I'm running the race exhaust and want to do catless header but don't want it to be too loud or be too "ricey"

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Does anyone have a video of the obx header with a fswerks race exhaust. I'm running the race exhaust and want to do catless header but don't want it to be too loud or be too "ricey"
Will be LOUD AF and drony and raspy

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
20 Posts
i could get a little vid later this week possibly. very loud. if you do daily highway driving it would be unbearable. i plan to change my setup in the upcoming months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could get a little vid later this week possibly. very loud. if you do daily highway driving it would be unbearable. i plan to change my setup in the upcoming months.
I would love to see the video if you can! I usually only ever do city driving with occasional freeway driving. I owned a v6 grand am gt with no cats and no mufflers, wondering how it compares sounds wise, thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,305 Posts
I would love to see the video if you can! I usually only ever do city driving with occasional freeway driving. I owned a v6 grand am gt with no cats and no mufflers, wondering how it compares sounds wise, thanks!
A v/6 & a 4 cylinder are going to sound totally different....The fwerks ''race exhaust'' w/ a header= your going to be adding another muffler very very soon. btw two 22''-24'' case length mufflers fit inline, such as two stealth mufflers & you'll find a the flange bolts up real tight to the flex, which works out great. The fwerks header/flex is the best header for a focus. You'll also want to get a VF engineering dogbone as the lower two primary tubes are pretty close to the swaybar....So yea installing a header changes the tone & noise level......>>>A Fwerks header/flex, two stealth mufflers & a tune to your race setup will get you going......Then all you'll hear for the most part is the header ting= Hot exhaust gases going thru the thin wall primary tubing vs the cast iron mani/cat.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,305 Posts
With the stealth and the OBX i felt it took a good month to get used to the cabin noise. Loud would be an understatement.
I couldn't deal w/ that for more then a few hrs...A few v/8's a weekend.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I got to get a soundclip of mine..nasty!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got to get a soundclip of mine..nasty!
Please do! I would love to hear it! I’m personally a fan of loud asf car, as long as they sound good and not like a fart can. I respect it as a car guy but it’s not for me. Has to sound good for me to do it. Would love pops and crackles!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i have a video clip in my build thread i think. try looking up my name "jordan burks" or "mk3 exhaust" on youtube. i posted it there too. it's just a crappy cell phone video but it's the Fwserks header and 2.5 stealth exhaust. no cat's. it's pretty loud but i daily drive it and its not bad. it's only really loud on WOT. just cruising is pretty quite.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have a video clip in my build thread i think. try looking up my name "jordan burks" or "mk3 exhaust" on youtube. i posted it there too. it's just a crappy cell phone video but it's the Fwserks header and 2.5 stealth exhaust. no cat's. it's pretty loud but i daily drive it and its not bad. it's only really loud on WOT. just cruising is pretty quite.
I just tried finding your video. All I can find is “weird front end noise.” Please add link.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Mine sounds very similar to someone with a Fs werks stealth, and catless as well, except possibly louder..its pretty raunchy but I've had a lot of compliments, a guy with a 600hp Sti at a dyno day said I had the best sounding exhaust he's heard the whole day. :) But in Vancouver, BC Canada the police are cracking down an all modified cars, kinda like in California if you've heard... I need to install a rear muffler to quieten it down or face getting a vehicle inspection order

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I’m also looking for an exhaust
Setup. I have the obx catless header (I haven’t installed yet). I’m thinking about doing a custom 3” full exhaust. But I’m not sure which muffler and resonator Combo to go with to make a nice sound not raspy or too loud. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Thought it was a dct at first and got excited that there was already a “two step” sounding limiter but it’s a 5 sp lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dct LC is locked out by DCT TCM safety protocols/programming..... no way around it yet

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

1 - 20 of 31 Posts