Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my sob story. bought a jdm 4-in-1 tach off ebay...PAID to have it installed (out 150.00) and they couldnt get the fuggin thing to work. said it was the tach.. so i did some research and found out about this DIS and COP thing. so i assume that a tach driver would solve my problem.. hopefully...but i havent a CLUE in electronics so ill just have to take it back to my little custom shop and get 'er done there (it'll be for free...the suckahs owe me for this one) but i just dont want to shell out another 70 bucks and be screwed...because then ill either have this HUGE 5" tach staring me in the face reminding me (as well as my wife telling me) that i should pay more attention or ill 3 neat little drill holes on my dash when i yank that byotch outta there. but anyhow...any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
you bought a JDM syle or an actual JDM. i assuming it reads "JDM style" in the auction.
first, never buy anything with that inscription.
second you do need a tach driver in order for the tachometer to work.

got any pics????

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why would you buy "JDM" anything for a focus? I would grab "Euro" ;)

JDM = Japense Domestic Market

And yes, yes you do need a tach driver. Go grab a ford racing tach driver. And no, no you do not need to have someone install it, but since you paid someone already, have them do it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts