Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences in an 01' fuel tank and an 03' fuel tank other than the obvious pump mounting inside the tank?
if some one has a pic of an 03 from under the car that would be great.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Should be nothing other than as you said, the pump mount.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason i ask is because i bought a "03" tank from an ebay store and the one they sent me is metal and doesnt resemble my tank in any way (shape wise)
im getting an 03 tank so i can get the fuel pump off CFM so i can just drop it in and plug it up.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Far as I know ALL Focus tanks are plastic (Nylon/Polypropylene actually).
So I'd say that ebay store either sent the wrong one or pulled a fast one on you.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump.
if any one has a pic of an 03-04 fuel tank please send it to me. this ebay store is argueing with me saying they sent me the right tank.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you. i just sent the tank back today. the listing that i bought it from said 03-07 and the tank i got was an 05 and thats they year they changed the focus so assumeing that the 05 is different than 03-04 i tried to tell him but he wouldnt listen.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Any clue what brand the tank is?

There are companies that may make a metal replacement, but I really doubt it. I can check if you get me a maker.

*edit
looking on ebay all I see are salvage tanks. So that would pretty much sum up that they sent the wrong tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts