Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done their fuel tank deformation recall yet and noticed their fuel tank was still getting deformed? apparently fords recall didn't fix the problem. check your fuel tanks. near the straps you shouldn't be able to see in between the strap and the tank.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone done their fuel tank deformation recall yet and noticed their fuel tank was still getting deformed? apparently fords recall didn't fix the problem. check your fuel tanks. near the straps you shouldn't be able to see in between the strap and the tank.
Are you referring to the first recall or the most recent one issued in July 2019?

I just had the July one done. They inspect the gas tank and replace if deformed, look for a P0442 code and if present replace the PCV valve and perform software update on the ECU. In my case they replaced the PCV Valve and updated the ECU.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The july 2019 one. Mine was done. New tank purge valve and everything. But there is really bad deformation in my tank. I talked to an advisor in my local ford dealer and they said its kind of common for them to come back

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hopefully that update fixes it. I don't know if my car is affected really(2013 SE), but it goes in for the recall a week from today now that I just got it back from the body shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts