Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, today is the first day I am a little upset with my PZEV. Some kid in a Monte Carlo flew by me on the highway, cut me off, then proceeded to go slow in front of me. Needless to say, i could feel my adrenilin pumping and started to race him (not the smartest thing, i know). After exceeding 100mph, I was curious to see what the car could do....she kept climbing!!! As soon as 105mph hit....the fuel stabilized and wouldn't shoot me any faster. This kinda sucked. I am hoping someone out there comes out with a product (chip...ECM upgrade) to bypass this. Anyone have any suggestions??? Going over 105mph isn't something I need to do on a daily basis and I don't promote speeding to anyone reading this. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
571 Posts
there are chips available that will remove the governor..... if you really feel the need to do that.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Not for the PZEV, not yet. There is a tuner program called SCT, being developed by Moduler Depot. It allows you to contorl a bunch of items. It should be availible for the PZEV in the near future. (The Black Oak chip, found also in the SVT, is proving to be troublesome to work with)

SCT Racer Package - $449
[*]Allows shifting of timing and fuel curves
[*]Adjust Speed limiters
[*]Adjust Rev Limiters
[*]Adjust axle ratio to correct speedometer after gear change
[*]Adjust for tire diameter changes
[*]Increse increase line pressure for greatly improved shifting (autos)
[*]Available in Flasher or Chip version (Chip allows for dual programs - IE Flip Chip) Flasher is better for non EEC Fords (SVT Focus)
[*]One Car Only

SCT Pro Racer Package - $795
[*]Everything included in the Racer Package Plus...
[*]It allows full control over all available parameters.
[*]Adjust Fuel / Spark Tables
[*]Contains Value Files for component upgrades (Injectors, MAF, etc)
[*]Pretty much change anything and everything that you could every want to change.
[*]Detailed explanations about every parameter and what it's function is.
[*]Available in Flasher or Chip version (Chip allows for dual programs - IE Flip Chip) Flasher is better for non EEC Fords (SVT Focus)
[*]One car only...

More information on the tuner packages on the: SCT Website

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Egz said:
(The Black Oak chip, found also in the SVT, is proving to be troublesome to work with)
Darn that Black Oak! I want faster, dammit! Really, though - I didn't know that the PZEV cut out so soon. That is pretty low. Yeah, there's no need for excessive speed, but still 105 seems low, the Focus is a much safer-handling car than others out there.

·
Registered
25,624 Posts
My wagon shuts down right at 108, I had to go out just to see, not that I drive the wagon up there ever, but it bugs me that it is there in case I ever needed to go faster for some crazy reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a ZX3 with the P6 tire package and I have had mine to 110 on the speedo before running out of road. Maybe the tires you have aren't rated for more than 108 which I think is one of the "Levels" for speed ratings, hence the cut-off. Just a guess

·
Registered
101 Posts
i dunno but i've hit 110 on the freeway and im almost sure i chould have gon faster.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Wow. The PZEV cuts off at 105? I can't believe that. Like a few others have said, my Zetec cuts off at 108 (my bf always has to see what the top speed is on cars when he drives them..whatta dumba**..sorry honey). Not like I ever go over 75 around here.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Coming back from Reno earlier this year I was coming down a slight grade and was keeping up with a camaro in front of me. I pased him at 90 and went up to 105 when the limiter hit. bummer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the P6 tire package also (love the 16's). I don't think its the tires. Was exactly @ 105mph...strange.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Ford doesnt set the limiter differently for individual cars. They set the limiter on all cars for the speed rating on the slowest rated tire.

·
Registered
847 Posts
About 108mph the other day, I'll say one thing, it was smooth as silk, till the cut-off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Only been up to 95 in mine, so far. Had to cool it 'cause I was out in the country and the bugs were about to start cracking the windshield...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will buy the first thing available to get rid of that junk, i love going about 140 in my Golf which was speed gov. at 120 then i got the chip, lightened flywheel, and some other stuff ie. exhaust and intake and now i can go as fast as i want to --- to a point...so i would like to do the same with the pzev

·
Registered
110 Posts
i think that the pzev cuts off at 108mph

my cuts off right before 110mph.... just like my zetec did

1 - 16 of 16 Posts