Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have browsed through several threads about the FRPS and have found a part number (XS2Z-9F972-GB) that seems to resemble my ailing problem (code PO190). However, after pulling my FRPS off it had a part number X52F-9F972-GA and nothing with that part number even pops up.

Can anyone help in this matter? [idea]

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Try your local Ford dealer???? Take the part with you, just to be sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
burning rich

I'm new to this site, I also drive a 2001 wagon w/jackson supercharger w/boost kit, pace setter header and 2 1/4" freeflow exhaust. I want to post a question but can't figure out how to post it. So if you could post it or forward it, I would make me that would be super. Here goes. It all started about 3 months ago with ECL code p0172 rich, replaced 02 sensor not it, checked for vacuum leaks many times over, not it. Dealer tells me it's my 02 sensor, wants $540.00 to replace it, I did it myself for $50.00 not it. Now thats it cold in Colorado my idle goes why up then why down for 2-3 minutes then settles down to normal at start up. It drives ok at times and then it seems like it's loading up during medium acceleration at about 2500 rpm. It's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
^^ What tune do you have? And you have checked well for vaccuum leaks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Took the part in question to the dealership since they couldn't help me over the phone and it turns out that this part was stamped incorrectly. So if any of you guys out there pull this piece off and it has part # X52F-9F972-GA, it is wrong. The correct # is XS2Z-9F972-GB.

@pokipoki...Did you check the PCV hose on the intake manifold? As time goes on this hose gets weak and collapses at the elbow when the car is started and vacuum is drawn. Here is a picture of what I am talking about......notice the elbow on the old hose compared to the new one. This can cause idle problems. Also check out this thread for a little more info....http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28249&highlight=zetec+stumble

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been working to much lately, anyway replaced my fuel pressure regulator at fuel rail... also replaced plugs after running with sohc plugs for the last 3 months, thats what I get for not matching up the old & new ones. I don't remenber where I got them from, checker or auto zone. She is running so much better now, however I am still experiencing a stumble when cold, it will stumble 2 or 3 times then I get CEL po172. The stumble problem doesn't happen with every cold start up.
Thanks for the help, I would like to send some pics of my setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts