Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well some of us have been talking about our cars bucking in the higher rpms and not sure what it was, today i took my car to a ford dealer and they said it was the fuel pump, this has been such a big problem that ford extended their warranty on the fuel delevery system to 10 years. Hopefully this information will help some of you I know i was pretty worried about mine because its out of the regular factory warrany. There was also no problems geting it fixed for free the dealership was great about honoring the warrany

·
Registered
228 Posts
Most of us long time Focus owners are aware of the fuel pump issues but thanks for the heads up anyways! Just to elaborate a little more the name of the program is 03N01 and it affects most to all of 2000 models and some 2001 models. There is a link somewhere on the forum that has all the info anyone needs. Just search!

·
Registered
259 Posts
last week in the mail i got a letter stating that if you have a 2000 or 2001 and have been getting a bogging when theres not much gas or the car just dies. that your fuel pump was made wrong or something like that. it said that its free parts and labor to have a redesigned fuel pump put it.

later

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes that is your official notice from Ford. Make sure that if your car is covered that you keep the letter because that is your guarantee from Ford that they will fix it for you if the sending unit goes out. Also 10 years is not an extension from the date of the letter but rather an extension from the date of purchase. For example, I bought my car in Nov. of 1999 so with the extended coverage Ford will fix it until Nov. of 2009. Also, they will only fix it once during that time period. My fuel pump went out last summer but I had an extended warranty that covered it. I'm sure that I got an old design fuel pump so if it happens to go out on me again in the next 5 years then I'll get the new fuel pump for free.

·
Registered
793 Posts
did u have to pay anything when you had this done??.... my dealer and FMC told me that they only pay for the pump and labor, not the necessary filter and flushing, not to mention the diagnostic fee that also must be paid , which comes up to around $200

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look at the post "my bucking focus" there is a link on one of the replys that shows the letter from ford and it clearly states that ford will remburse the dealer for a diognostic and labor for repair you should should print it and take it to you dealer. hope this helps

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your Ford dealer will diagnose and replace the fuel pump only. If the tank needs cleaning or the filter needs replaced (which I highly reccommend), that is up to you to acept or decline the repair at your expence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts