Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I find that to be too expensive. What year is your car?, Ford had a recall on the fuel pumps so it should be done for free including the pump. Installing a new pump is not that hard, I'm sure there is a writeup somewhere, check focushacks.com. Good Luck...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
FocusPR said:
I find that to be too expensive. What year is your car?, Ford had a recall on the fuel pumps so it should be done for free including the pump. Installing a new pump is not that hard, I'm sure there is a writeup somewhere, check focushacks.com. Good Luck...

I second that.

and DONT let ford talk you out of getting it replaced if its giving you hell and it IS covered... i had to take my car 3 times before they would acknowledge the problem...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is an 03'. And check this out. I tried to get it covered on the recall and they wouldn't do it because of the year. Now I have a friend at corprate ford and he says there will be a recall later this year on all 03's made between nov 02-april03....because they all have the old pumps that where recalled. That is where my car falls in and those asses still wont replace it. Well I just bought a pump for $164. I get it thursday and I am gonna do it myself.
thanks
T

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The service manager at the dealer I go to told me that there's an extended warranty on the '02-'04 fuel pumps, although he didn't elaborate how many miles/months it had been extended to...

·
Registered
1 Posts
where do you guys find the recalls at. i couldnt find anywhere that says where the recalls are. I had to change my fuel pumps and it cost my over $600 dollars. Can ya'll give me the website about the fuel pump recall.

·
Registered
164 Posts
600 bucks? holy shit, uh normaly they send u recalls in the mail but i think you could find them on the ford website, plus i think we have talked about this many times on this forum use the search button

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
way to expensive. with that I could get an aftermarket hgigh volume on purchased and installed. And it would cost me less much less.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have a warranty for the powertrain only. That is all that I thought I would need until now. And hell when i have the nitrous in the car....the dealer doesn't even want to touch it. I have took out the whole system many times to get them to just change something like a pcv valve or fix some busted vacuum lines on the the intake and get a sob story of the car parts in my car caused that problem. When most of the time it had nothing to do with it. So ford has my really fed up now.
T

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey, theirs an issue of import tuner that tells you all about hooking up your ride while its on warranty. awsome article. It clearly states thats under a federal act called the magnuson-moss act. its a totally real act. They cant void your warranty or refuse to fix a part unless they can 100% prove that your aftermarket part broke it and show it on paper to you and explain it. So dont let the dealer shove you around and be the bully. Gte back in their and fight them off with a stick if you got to (NOT RELIABLE IF YOU DO SO). Good luck and get this problem fixed.

import tuner issue is the july 05 issue.

Jacob

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
i would fight it all the way up to the complaint line i cant remember the number but they have oine and when i had all my trouble with getting my clutch tsb done i called them and explained the next day i got a call from the service manager to come in and they would fix or it that day and i would have it back that day and i got some oil changes for free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts