Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Aftermarket, you should be able to order one from about any parts store. OEM, go to the nearest Ford dealership.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Autozone nor advanced has them. If you have a Salvo's auto, they have to order it but the have it $190 total, ford $250, ebay $65( i dont know if i'd trust it). But try Salvo's auto they do have it

·
Registered
123 Posts
yo Tiethescore, if you don't need it immediately, you might just be able to get it replaced for free. Yes I said FREE. Just yesterday I received a notice from Ford about a defect in the 2000/01 fuel pumps. Incidentally I had to replace mine a month ago so I'm now trying to get ford to refund the money I paid for the labour on it. The price of the pump is covered under your warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish I could, but its a totaled car that I rebuilt with a rebuilt title, so no warranty even thou it would still be under warranty.
Thanks for the thought thou

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've been noticing my car bogging down lately. Could it be the same problem a few others are having? Bad fule pump? I actually have an appointment with the dealer on Wed to get 2 recalls done on my 2000. Should I bring up the Fuel pump recall? I never got a letter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
my car boggs when i take turns sharp when i have less than 1/2 tank of gas. it's like fuel cutoff kicks on and off. i think it's the fuel pump. as for the recall, i had no idea that there was one.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yeah, this is the first I've heard of it. Gonna call Ford, then the dealership on Mon and see what's up with it. If anyone has more info on this please share.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know you guys probably have warranties and stuff, but with a wrecked car with a salvaged title its gonna cost me. The fuel pump is about 200 bucks, so I'm gonna buy me a holley blue with built in regulator and mount it on the frame somewhere. There only about 80 bucks or so and I know they will last. Cause if I buy another new one from ford, whose to say the problem is fixed. Just a thought and it might save you all some money if your out of warranty and need a fuel pump. I havnt heard of any focus recall on the pump.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i thought a recall was FORD's fault, and they'd fix the problem at no cost, no matter what. [scratch] not sure tho. guess i'll talk to FORD when i get back from school

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
for dsaid no refund for me, i am going to go and talk to a lawyer after i talk to the 800 number and get no results.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Warranty not Recall

Let's get our terms correct. Ford is providing WARRANTY for ten years on the part not RECALL. If it were RECALL, you could get a rebate. Since this is a WARRANTY, you have to have the work done at a dealership. Ford calls this a customer satisfaction program.

The policy is that you have to demonstrate the problem to get the repair made. Some dealers will do it if you just tell them you have a stalling problem and adequately discribe it. Many others want to actually see the gauge when the problem occours. They extended the new car warranty on this particular part. They did not issue a safety recall. Their position is this is about making people happy, not about a safety issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
OK, first things first. Badass, if I had a scanner I'd scan the letter and post it. I have the letter here and other foci owners have heard of this recall. It affects 2000/01 foci. They are working on a new design and when it is ready the recalls will be done. No reason to lie bro.

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's cool bro, I believed you........didn't mean it in an insulting way when I was talking about blowing smoke. I never got the letter but I called Ford and verified my car has the recall. I took it to the dealership but they told me to wait til Jan when the new design comes out. So I guess I'm just waiting it out and praying my car doesn't stall out on a mountain drive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts