Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i got my spi 2.0 back together today and found out it wouldn't start not even a tru it just spins over.. when i turn key on i hear a whine from the motor like the fuel pump but cant hear it from inside even if i lean way back.. is that fuel pump kickin in? car sat for 2 1/2 years with full tank of fuel so im thinkin fuel filter is gone.. any help be great thanks

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Moved to Tech Chat Area.

When you first put the ignition in the "ON" position without trying to crank it, you should hear the whine. Which is the Fuel Pump turning on.

If you didn't hear the whine, then you would need a new fuel pump.

Have you changed your Fuel Filter? But then again, it would turn on just idle rough.

What are the other symptoms your car is doing? Is it even trying to crank? When it stopped working were you driving, or just walked outside and it was like that?

Has your car been hesitant prior to the mishap?

-Ray-

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to Tech Chat Area.

When you first put the ignition in the "ON" position without trying to crank it, you should hear the whine. Which is the Fuel Pump turning on.

If you didn't hear the whine, then you would need a new fuel pump.

Have you changed your Fuel Filter? But then again, it would turn on just idle rough.

What are the other symptoms your car is doing? Is it even trying to crank? When it stopped working were you driving, or just walked outside and it was like that?

Has your car been hesitant prior to the mishap?

-Ray-
car sat for 2 years with hole in motor with full tank of fuel.. i found out though what was wronge full pump was gone had to buy whole system. thanks for all your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts