Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Have you had your fuel pump changed? Are you aware?

• YES - Ford alerted me and I had it changed.

Votes: 29 17.1%
  • YES - Ford did NOT alert me, but I did research and had it changed.

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • YES - Ford did NOT alert me, but learned from FF and had it changed.

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • NO - Ford alerted me, but haven't done it yet.

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • NO - I am totally unaware of this recall

Votes: 72 42.4%
  • NO - I am aware, but haven't had time or issues yet. I'll wait until my car breaks down.

Votes: 26 15.3%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FUEL PUMP RECALL - 2000 - 2002 - do you know about it?

Okay boys and girls, lately I have been reading through tons of threads regarding fuel pump issues....

I'm rather suprised to find alot of '00-02 owners are unaware of the recall that's been out since... hmm... FOREVER... on our fuel pump. I find it unfortunate that not every owner has received any info from Ford regarding it.

So FYI folks.... there are recalls on our 2000-2002 vehicles!!

Do you know about it??? Did Ford contact you with documentation??

I have had my fuel pump replaced TWICE!!! First time becuase I received notice and did some additional research. Second time, I broke down on the highway all of a sudden!! Low and behold, they told me it was the fuel pump again and they gave me a new and improved one.
Thankfully, both times my dealers (2 different ones/2 cities) KNEW of the recall and gave me no problems.

- Jackie

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
This is just for 00 and 01, right?

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
does this include the SVT's?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"but I'm sure if you have 2003+ that you can contact Ford with your concerns"

Why? I assume they corrected whatever was the problem with the earlier fuel pump design, which is why there is no recall for the later models. What would you say to Ford if you contacted them? "I'm having no problems with my Focus, but i heard earlier models had fuel pump problems. I am concerned?"

There are a lot more recalls than just the fuel pump. To find out, just go to alldata.com which provides recall titles for free (to get the details of the recalls and TSB, you must buy a subscription, but the title listings and numbers are free.)

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Never gotten any notice, and only have heard about once or twice.
I only have the spring re-call and the door one.
But so far no problems with it either.

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
does this include the SVT's?
Well? Any idea on our SVT's?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
penguin said:
Why? I assume they corrected whatever was the problem with the earlier fuel pump design, which is why there is no recall for the later models. What would you say to Ford if you contacted them? "I'm having no problems with my Focus, but i heard earlier models had fuel pump problems. I am concerned?"
There's no need to be snippy about it. Jackie isn't the "fuel pump guru" - she was trying to be helpful by posting this thread, and she was. There's no need to pick apart what she said and be critical of it.

Also, if you guys want to know if the recall affects SVT models, why not just contact your nearest Ford dealer and ask the service department?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"There's no need to pick apart what she said and be critical of it."

Needlessly alarming newer owners of a Focus, and urging them to contact Ford and their dealers regarding a non-existent problem (for these newer owners) is "not a good thing." And having, in the past, been on the receiving end of such unfounded calls from owners, I tend to be a bit "snippy" when I see it happen. As you might expect, a few who call in response to such internet postings and receive the response "this doesn't apply to your model," are not reasonable people and then go into ballistic mode, yelling about how Ford isn't treating them right because they know there is a recall and a problem because I read it on the internet and why would someone lie on the internet and you should check again because you obviously don't know how to look up recalls and how can you be employed there if you can't even find a recall and on and on and on.

So yeah, I'm a bit "snippy" about such things.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
When mine went out last November I had it towed to a Ford Dealership and they replaced it but never told me of a recall . And I am already having problems with this one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
NO - Ford alerted me, but haven't done it yet. ...... the only problem ive ever had related to fuel is when i fillup it doesn't go all the way to the full mark, but it doesn't bug me much

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
*NO - Ford alerted me, but haven't done it yet. ...... the only problem ive ever had related to fuel is when i fillup it doesn't go all the way to the full mark, but it doesn't bug me much*

Ever since they replaced my fuel filter my car has done the same thing.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mine was replaced when the recall came out you have to go to the dealer and make them check and see if there are any recalls for your car out, if they do work on it they typically check but make sure you ask them about it even if they say you will get something in the mail i would do it, i never trust dealers when it comes to my safety especially when it is something so simple to do. The symptoms are loss of power mostly when below half a tank is good way to tell, other than that i would check gas mileage i believe is what they told me they drove mine when work was done on it and that recall was issued the day before, but look for loos of power below half a tank that is the dead giveaway usually.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
PROGRAM TERMS

This program extends the coverage of the fuel delivery module (FDM) to 10 years from the original warranty start date of the vehicle, with no limit on the number of miles that the vehicle has been driven. This program provides replacement coverage, and is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

VEHICLES COVERED BY THIS PROGRAM

Certain 2000 and 2001 model year Focus vehicles built at the Wayne and Hermosillo Assembly Plants from Job #1,1999 through June 13, 2001. Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
NOTE: Under Program 03N01-S2, each vehicle is limited to one replacement FDM. Submission of a claim under 03N01-S2 will remove the vehicle from OASIS because the affected vehicles are not eligible for multiple repairs once the FDM has been replaced. Owners who previously had their vehicles repaired under 03N01 with part number 1M5Z-9H307-AC are eligible for a second repair under 03N01-S2; affected VINs have been reopened in OASIS If any of you need to know if yours is covered, you can send me your vin# and ill run it to see for you, PM me if you send it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have an appt for friday. when the dealer pulled the oasis there was another for 03m02 for front coil springs. it mentions "service only if concern is present". i'll show them concern when i drop it off. any suggestions for symptons :) ?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
95% of the time, that recall isnt a must. besides, they will inspect it to see if its needed anyway. If it is, theyll knock it out too.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts