Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am desperate looking for two quickconnectors for the fuel pump of my Ford Focus Zetec 2002. The connectors are broken and do not fit properly to the pump socket, so there is a leak.
I have looked for those connectors anywhere in my country but I have had no success.
I have the following basic questions I would appreciate anyone can answer.

1. Are those connectors sold separately? if so do they have an universal/serial code that might help the search?
2. I have found different opinions but do the connectors come with the fuel pump or with the pipes?
3. I would like to know any place in the UK and USA or link worldwide where I can ask for the connectors?

Please see attached picture showing the connector in red as a reference (picture taken from Google).

I would appreciate any help and guidance on this issue

Regards,

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
16,026 Posts
Red connector is part of the pump assembly, it is considered part of the top cover and the top cover is one piece with the bottom pump.

Ford quit selling individual small pieces like that a good while back, it's part of their condensing all smaller parts in with the bigger assemblies they go with to increase the average parts sales. They prefer now not to have sales of under what I was told was $50 back in the mid '90s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts