Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Nope, but I have had it replaced by Ford 3 times... (grrrrrrr, but at least I didn't have to pay.)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I did mine. I brought my car to ford and they did their usual check up. Turned out i had some sensor go bad on the fuel pump and they quoted me for $500 to get the thing replaced. I was like oh hell no! haha. So i went out and bought a Bosh premium fuel pump for like $90. The whole change took me maybe 2 1/2 hours cause I didn't have a lift so my car was only like a foot and a half off the ground on jack stands. Plus there are so many annoying clips underneath and if u mess them up lol ur done till u order new ones from ford. It really wasn't bad considering the whole tank is plastic and weighs nothing compared to other cars lol just make sure to have like a 1/4 of a tank. For me it wasn't hard cause i know how to...but if u have problems replacing ur spark plugs i would say forget it and take it to ford

Alex

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man

yeah- i'm pretty mechanically saavy so i dont think i'd have a problem- i'm just wondering about the PITA factor.

thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts