Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my pinch bolt recall fixed and i was having fuel pump problems,,, i described the problems i have had......stalling after starting,,not starting,,hesitating.... so the tech checked it out and said this is not a recall problem that there is water contamination in the DPFE.....what the heck is that and does this make any sense???

·
Registered
894 Posts
Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Sensor..........registers the pressure of your EGR Valve.........should be a little black box on the firewall with a couple of vaccum lines...........Let them replace it and if you still have problems then let them pay for a new fuel pumps(there should be a service bulletin out and they should pay for a new one under warranty)

Jeremy Saville

www.jklmotorsports.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
recall 03no1

"FUEL DELIVERY MODLUE- EXPIRES 10 YEARS FROM THE ORIGAL WARRANTY START DATE REGARDLESS OF MILEAGE"

All I did was drive in and asked to see if there is any recalls on my car. They took the vin# checked it, then they wanted to book me in to get it repaired.
It was funny cause when they saw my car one guy thought it was a Honda that was funny.
Marco

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have a problem print this off show them. Then send a letter to ford, and ask why some guy in Canada can just walk in and get his car looked at without any BS. They just need your Vin#. They wanted to fix it while i was there.

Marco

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this dpfe would make my car stall and hesitate??

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about some guidance on where to buy this dpfe,, like online or whatever

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just got done talking to my brother(Ford Tech and Focus Specailist)..........he said most likely the DPFE sensor would't make your car run like that...........he did say that the DPFE sensor is cover under warranty up to 72k miles...........I'd say if the tech is set in his mind that it is the DPFE sensor let them put one on under warranty(if you need any more info on the warranty on that let me know and I will get it for you), then when it doesn't fix the problem make them put you a new pump in too...........let me know if you need any more help............

Jeremy

www.jklmotorsports.com

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey silver zx5 where can i get a copy of this warranty on the dpfe so i can get that fixed??? i have 71,967 miles right now so i need this fast!!!! ???

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
silverzx5,, ford told me uh-huh no warranty n that good ole dpfe so looks like im screwed out of $175 unless i can find this part online somewhere!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I do appologize........he checked this morning and it looks like they did away with it a couple of months ago...........If it helps I can get you the DPFE for $55.00 shipped to you(that's just covering my cost on it)........it's REALLY EASY to put on too(I can get pics of where it is and everything)...........I appologize again for misleading you......ford changes things some much it's hard to keep up...........But again I don't think this is going to fix it, that's just my opinion though. I would have the pump replaced(I know for a fact that one is under warranty and can get you that info)...........

Jeremy

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they wont replace it under warranty because the dpfe is causing the problem(according to the highly trained techs at the ford dealership)!! where can i get the dpfe??like a online store

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also some install info if you have that

·
Registered
894 Posts
Should be sitting to the right of your EGR Valve...........little black box with 2 Vaccum lines on the botton and one electrical connector...........I just went out and took pics so if you need them let me know where I can send them to..............

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know where it is ....where can i pick one up at??? what is in te lines so how can i take them off?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a brand new one sitting on my desk right now, $50.00 shipped to you..........unplug the Conncector and pull the rubber lines off the bottom.........they just slide on the nipples.........

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well where else can i get one new?? i want to see the price of a new one, at a store so i can get a feel for the price diff. so theres nothing in the lines?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Only other place is the dealership..........I think they said list was around $70.00..........no nothing in the lines, just vacuum pressure when the car is running...........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts