Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still having trouble with my focus. After having cold start problems for a week, and replacing a blown fuel pump fuse, spark plugs and battery, the car worked fine for a week. Then i left it for a few days, in the cold, and now it will not start again.
It seems when it will not start, i cannot hear the fuel pump turn on (fuse is fine). I have no trouble hearing the fuel pump when it does start.
My questions is, should i suspect the fuel pump, or is that unlikely since the problem is intermittent (if the fuel pump failed, i would not expect it to be intermittent)?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it turns over and doesn't start. Sometimes while driving it will shut off, usually while still cold. The car usually starts hot with no problems - in the cold it just cranks and i dont hear the fuel pump.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
such as? I know im getting a spark... I know the engine is cranking... just wanted to know if there was an electrical component, other than the fuse, which could be preventing the fuel pump from turning on, particularly when its cold outside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mechanic wants to replace crank sensor... doesnt sound right to me - car starts fine when its reasonably warm out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts