Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 ZX5 and want to replace the fuel pump without dropping the tank. Every place I have seen info about the location to cut the access door does not seem to be where I need it. What I have seen shows the hole being cut in the front passenger side above the tank. I have not been able to see anything but tank in this location. Were there other tanks used that would have had a different location? I have drilled several holes so as to look with a flashlight and it is not to be found. Can someone shed some light on this for me?[dunno]
Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good Link!

You'll notice it's passenger side under the rear seat area you should be looking in to find the right section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I meant to say was the front of the tank on the passenger side. The photos in the link you posted are the same ones I have seen and mine is not in that location. Any other thoughts? When I pull the rubber grommet that the wires go through, all that is below it is tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have searched the thread and could find no mention of other fuel pump locations for an '06 ZX5. Any input would b greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Missed getting the link to post somehow, fixed it with an edit.

Post #15 in that thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that is some very interesting info. It also helps me to believe I'm not crazy. LOL
I will get another look at this from a new perspective and post my findings.
Thanks very much.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Sorry I didn't post it right the first time, figured it would help.

No, you're not nuts. Location of the tank cap has varied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts