Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 ford focus svt that I turbo'd and tuned myself. Had it on the dyno over the weekend here at a local shop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWE5lZFwYpk AND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWSl-BBzHg ) and the tuner says we are now maxing out the stock fuel pump at about 210whp which is closer to 300hp at the crank with correction factor and all that jazz...anyways, does that seem about right? I thought the svt fuel pump had a little more than that left in it. Looking at the graphs and charts though, the tuner said this is what i'm asking the car for, and this is what it's giving us, pointing to where it was leaning out....so next question is kenne bell boost a pump OR drop the tank and install a new, bigger fuel pump like a walbro 255? Because I have a walbro GSS342 which I believe is 255lph, so would it fit? Need any modification? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
What size injectors you running ? What other mods.
There are guys on here running a lot more HP and Tq on the stock svt pump with out the KB boost a pump. More like 350 at the wheels. You'll get more responses, from the guys who are doin it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size injectors you running ? What other mods.
There are guys on here running a lot more HP and Tq on the stock svt pump with out the KB boost a pump. More like 350 at the wheels. You'll get more responses, from the guys who are doin it.
siemens deka 60lb. injectors
diablosport MAFia...maybe this needs to be adjusted? Had it on setting #1 when we were tuning

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
siemens deka 60lb. injectors
diablosport MAFia...maybe this needs to be adjusted? Had it on setting #1 when we were tuning
Does your tuner have experience with the Focus ? These are a lot different then the Mustangs. Have heard a bunch of horror stories. What system are you tuning with? SCT or what ? OH and 60 lbs injectors are good .

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
Dont know why people say use the GT pump the stock pump is more then enough to handle 320 HP to the wheels , the issues is with the basket and the way the stock return system works

Send me a copy of your tune file and the last datalog and I will make some changes that will help you

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Dont know why people say use the GT pump the stock pump is more then enough to handle 320 HP to the wheels , the issues is with the basket and the way the stock return system works

Send me a copy of your tune file and the last datalog and I will make some changes that will help you

[email protected]
Tom, have you figured out the problem for the stock returnless fuel system? I know it has alot to do with the basket............figured out a fix for it? besides a fuel return setupp?

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
fo rmy build i am jus tbuying a kenne bell, that should be sufficient for 300whp right

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
I made 385whp on a boost a pump. Chris Svt made 410whp on a boost a pump.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
fo rmy build i am jus tbuying a kenne bell, that should be sufficient for 300whp right
I would wait , if your going for 300 in most cases I can get the SVT with stock SVT fuel pump to hold good psi for 300HP to the wheels

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts