Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it started about a week ago , my focus would lose its prime after sitting for like 15 mins . So everytime i would go out and start it , the fuel pump would make a crazy noise to build the pressure back into the line , i had to cycle the key like 2 times and then the third time it would have enough prime to start up like normal . I only have 76,000 miles on it . the car would act funny when im driving it due to the fuel pressure not being where it was suppose to be . I guess the normal fuel pressure when operating the car is suppose to be 55lbs . But it was only pushing 52lbs. But the fuel pump was working extra hard to keep the fuel pressure in the line cause theres a thing on the fuel pump that keeps pressure on the line when not running i guess ...... Im not a expert at this so if anyone can explain it better ...go right ahead . This is what i was told from the garage where its getting repaired.
Lucky for me when i bought the car i got the extended warranty on it 4 yrs or 100,000 miles . So i only have to pay $100.00 ....yessss.
I should have it back on the 12th they said , it was hard leaving my car there , but i soaked it up and said hey it will be fixed at least . [woot] [woot] [headbang]

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
alot of times when the fuel pump goes bad early it's due to people running their tanks dry. The fuel pump runs hot and is designed to be cooled by the gas.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats weird cause i was never below 1/4 of a tank maybe once or twice but not alot , i alwasy kept it at half or in between half and 1/4 of a tank

·
Registered
471 Posts
alot of times when the fuel pump goes bad early it's due to people running their tanks dry. The fuel pump runs hot and is designed to be cooled by the gas.

X2 That's one of the common reasons for fuel pump failure.

However that may not be the case in your issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts