Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I just joined this forum, so hopefully you can help my problem :)

About a month ago my check engine light came on, and when I pulled codes, the only one that showed up was to replace the fuel pressure sensor. I ordered a part from rockauto a couple weeks ago (part # 9F972), but when I tried to put it on, the connectors looked different. I didn't want to take it to an autoshop and get ripped off since I'm a girl, so I was hoping someone here could help me fix my problem?

Has anyone had this issue, or did I just not try all possible ways that it could go on, like a usb? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
The answer is one phone call away. Call the Parts Department of any Ford Dealership. Give them your car info, and engine type, and ask them if the part number you have (the one from rockauto) is correct or not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer is one phone call away. Call the Parts Department of any Ford Dealership. Give them your car info, and engine type, and ask them if the part number you have (the one from rockauto) is correct or not?
I called them earlier to make sure it was the right part, and it was, again according to them(rockauto and everywhere else online). But when I look at pictures comparing my sensor to the parts they gave me, they aren't lining up properly. It looks like my sensor might be XS2Z9F972GB (alternate part#'s are PR233, XS4Z9F972DA & the last one is for Airtex/Wells 5G1135), but I can't find that part listed anywhere.

old add that can not be found on rock auto anymore
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=933440

It looks like the part was discontinued though...any ideas? I am thinking only option might be junkyard hunting but i would much prefer to buy something new with a warranty. I found a site that appears to sell them but they look extremely untrustworthy :/
http://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/Ford-Fuel-Pressure-Rail-Sensor-for-00-04-Focus-Zetec-77p239.htm#.VEXh4h3F9AY

**small update if you look in your shopping cart while buying parts from the official ford site it shows the full part number. what they gave me was "9F972". what i found and verified through their site was "XS2Z9F972GB ". So what they ARE selling SHOULD be the right one....but is super expensive and again would prefer to buy from something other then the stealership :/

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
"looked different" isn't a problem if it fits & works, parts are updated regularly. (we can't tell from here)

CFM is a trusted source & a long time vendor advertising here. Maybe the oldest well known source for Focus pieces other than Dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts