Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've tested my fuel pressure and it was from the after the filter and read 38-38psi. Then On the scanner I have it read 8psi one day and 40 another day and finally today it read 60 and even 80 psi. I don't think the pump is bad since the car still ran at 8psi and I have the newer sytle fuel pump since my car is an '03. What do you guys think[?]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah something is wrong with my fuel system. Tonght at the track a bonce stock zx3 beat me and my car was hesitatingand acting like not enough fuel was getting in. The my buddy pat has his data logger and my car spiked at 67psi. Then we data logged his but he has th xcal2 and he spiked at 55psi. I'm leaning towards the fuel pressure sensor for sure now and so is he.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
That fuel pressure sensor is one of the few problems I've had with my '04. The car ran fine except for throwing a code on the CEL.
So it does sound like the sensor is your likely problem...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So yesterday I put my car on the scanner again and my fuel pressure got up to 62psi at idle when it was hot. I put a pressure tester guage off of the fuel filter and compared the reading form the scanner and the tested while the car was running at the same time. My guage said 55psi at idle and the scanner read 60psi at idle. Revved up the motor a few times and it diddn't throw out any black smoke like it was rich and ran fine.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just so everyone knows. The 2000 modle focus has a recall for the fuel pressure sensor and Ford doens't really like to help people with this recall at all at least here in spokane from what it seems. My motor is out of a 2000 zts and they won't recall anything that isn't in the original vehicle. Man i had quite a conversation with the service writer at ford about that on recalls. Good thing I work at a shop now and can fix it pretty easily

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
How much was the sensor? cause I have a ethier a lean condition which could be cause by the same thing or a vacume leak I don't know which my plugs are burn too hot.? figure I could try and replace that if its not too exspensive.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's like $50-$70 form fordparts.com Have you tried cleanning your mass air flow sensor. That can cause a lean condition.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
yeah I've cleaned it already I have two one on my stock maf housing and the other in the cai. My plugs are black to super dark gray no deposits and the instulation on them is on the verge of blistering. I have searched already but I could'nt find anything on it. I have a little stumble right off idle. and it seems to idle rough but no miss fireing. It could be the lower mount that was put on but that went in with another motor I had to put in the car cause the other one tapped out on me. So thats why I figure it could be a vacum leak or maybe the same problem you have had.[dunno]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you replaced the iac? Or the tps sensor?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also put your car on a scanner and check out the upstrean 02 sensor voltage. It controls af ratio.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the tps is roughly $20 depending on where you get it from but the iac you have to contact your local ford dealership for a price. The tps also controls the idle if the tps is bad it can cause a uneasy idle. Best way to find out is put it on a scanner and see what the sensor are reading instead of playing guess and check with new parts and replacing parts that don't need to be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts