Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the XCAL2 be able to log Fuel PSI? I can't seem to find the PID using LiveLink.

I remember reading Fuel PSI with the Predator, but I've since sold it to get the XCAL2 so I could use the PRP.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
its under fuel pressure drop across injectors

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
ok the answer here is pretty simple.

he has a problem with his xcal it is not reading his ecu ID, it reads NOTF. so the right PID's are not showing up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is your ECU flashed with a JR tune? Can you use your Xcal to read strategy? (vehicle info, read strategy)

What version of firmware is on the device and what version of livelink are you using?

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first problem was my XCAL2 had been flashed to 1.15 before i bought it

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When we switched to Pete's XCal2 (with v1.14), we suddenly had Fuel Pressure PIDs.

-Using the latest LiveLink.

-ECU is currently flashed with the JRSC BBK tune from Ford Racing.

-PRP is on the way, including a starter tune from Tom

Will I be able to flash Tom's tune over the FR one, or do I have to go to a dealer for an OEM flash first?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
Can you use your Xcal to read strategy? (vehicle info, read strategy)
no it is not reading strategy correctly, it gives an error. When datalogging the strategy comes up as NOTF.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Firmware on the unit does not determine PIDS, livelink does as the parameters are contained within the database in the livelink folder. If the device had issues connecting, that can be firmware related but 1.15 should have worked fine.

At any rate yes you can flash Tom's tune over what you have, the unit will just store your JRSC tune as the "stock" file so you will never really be able to put your car back to true stock.

When we switched to Pete's XCal2 (with v1.14), we suddenly had Fuel Pressure PIDs.

-Using the latest LiveLink.

-ECU is currently flashed with the JRSC BBK tune from Ford Racing.

-PRP is on the way, including a starter tune from Tom

Will I be able to flash Tom's tune over the FR one, or do I have to go to a dealer for an OEM flash first?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
well in the future he could flash back to FR using the xcal and then go to a dealer and flash back to stock right?

and, we are using livelink 4.0 build 30.

·
Registered
720 Posts
well in the future he could flash back to FR using the xcal and then go to a dealer and flash back to stock right?

and, we are using livelink 4.0 build 30.
Yep. Just have to remember to put the xcal back to stock otherwise he will end up with a locked device.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firmware on the unit does not determine PIDS
Well then, are there different kinds of SCT XCal2s? Pete's display is blue, mine is green...

My XCal2: v1.15, no Fuel Pressure PID, no strategy
Pete's XCal2: v1.14, does have Fuel Pressure PID, strategy shows NOTF (assuming that stands for 'not found')

this was done using Pete's laptop, therefore using the same version of LiveLink

Anyhow, just for fun I got on SCT Live Chat, got someone to email me v1.14 to try out. I'll let y'all know how that goes.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
oh was it mine showing NOTF? hm.

my bad

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not different units but different aged units. Your green screen unit is older than the blue (the serial number on the back has the date the device was made in it.)

Has your x2 ever worked on anything?

Unless it was one of the techs that sent you 1.14 and they modified the file, you cannot back date to 1.14 from 1.15; our updater will not let you.

Try your x2 on a different vehicle if you can. There may just be something wrong with your device; it happens.

Well then, are there different kinds of SCT XCal2s? Pete's display is blue, mine is green...

My XCal2: v1.15, no Fuel Pressure PID, no strategy
Pete's XCal2: v1.14, does have Fuel Pressure PID, strategy shows NOTF (assuming that stands for 'not found')

this was done using Pete's laptop, therefore using the same version of LiveLink

Anyhow, just for fun I got on SCT Live Chat, got someone to email me v1.14 to try out. I'll let y'all know how that goes.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, won't downgrade... :-/ Hopefully putting a different tune on the ECU will change things.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok the problem was the information on SCT's website.

On the software download page (http://www.sctflash.com/tsaddons.php?type=DL), I had read the following:

"SCT recommends using Live Link v3.41 with the XCalibrator 2 on Ford Vehicles."

Therefore, I had been using Live Link v3.41. However, changing to Live Link v4.30 gave me access to the fuel pressure PIDs that I needed, and also allowed me to access my PCM Strategy (NOTF, but still... I couldn't even read that using v3.41). Pete and I both encountered the same problem, and had to do the same WTF. It would be nice if the website had better information.

Note: X2 Firmware v1.15 does work fine, but you do not need it for the Focus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts