Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order a 2012 focus and can't find out if the Sedan SE model with the 201A Equipment group has a built in fuel MPG calculator/display on the instrument panel. The one that I test drove had the MFT and sync which included the fancy display on the instrument cluster. I have read here that some people don't have the computer MPG calculator/distance to empty, etc. and was wondering what setup this comes with. I am pretty much set on the options I have so far but am really curious about this. This package comes with the MyKey option as well. Thanks

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have it on my SE with the 203a package... not sure about the 201a.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am getting ready to order a 2012 focus and can't find out if the Sedan SE model with the 201A Equipment group has a built in fuel MPG calculator/display on the instrument panel. The one that I test drove had the MFT and sync which included the fancy display on the instrument cluster. I have read here that some people don't have the computer MPG calculator/distance to empty, etc. and was wondering what setup this comes with. I am pretty much set on the options I have so far but am really curious about this. This package comes with the MyKey option as well. Thanks
Your car should have the base message center and according to the owner's manual will have all the info you mentioned above.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a SE with Convenience package, winter package, and sfe and have fuel economy readings. It is a simpler display than on the optional upgrades, but perfectly fine.

Two different trip records, each with own mpg average data. Plus a few other things.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Way to know for certain, check the local Ford Focus holdings, and find a dealer with an S model with no options. go look at it. presto, if THAT car has it, then they all do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a SE with Convenience package, winter package, and sfe and have fuel economy readings. It is a simpler display than on the optional upgrades, but perfectly fine.

Two different trip records, each with own mpg average data. Plus a few other things.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Does yours have the picture of the vehicle that shows whether the lights are on and also does it have a compass?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also in addition to my previous question, I have another. The dealer doesn't know anything about this car and they only have one on the lot and it isn't the model that I am building to order. Does the SE model with the 201A come with SYNC? I don't want the MFT, but it would be nice to be able to pair my phone with this.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Also in addition to my previous question, I have another. The dealer doesn't know anything about this car and they only have one on the lot and it isn't the model that I am building to order. Does the SE model with the 201A come with SYNC? I don't want the MFT, but it would be nice to be able to pair my phone with this.
You would need 202A or 203A to get SYNC.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. Does yours have the picture of the vehicle that shows whether the lights are on and also does it have a compass?
Compass is in the corner of the screen, giving the letter designation of the direction you are traveling.

There are illuminated indicators on the body of the tachometer body that up for headlights on, fog lights on, and high beams on.

No pictures of the vehicle itself on the screen. But there are lights on the gauges for the information you need.

·
Registered
166 Posts
201 is the package that includes cruise control
202 has sync, not MFT,
203 is both of the above.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes my 201A equipped SE has a display between the gage clusters that calculates MPG, elapsed time, distance to empty, has two trip odometers and a compass. Functions are operated by the left side steering wheel controls.

I believe this display is slightly smaller and monochromatic compared to the Synch equipped models.

Probably a good idea to double check that this message center is still part of the base SE car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the responses! I am going to go with the 203A option now so I can have the cruise and SYNC with the fancy car display but not the My Ford Touch. I really appreciate the help with this. It's a big deal buying a new car and especially ordering one and knowing that it is going to come with the right options that I am looking for.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
"fancy car display" just so you know you get two medium screens. the big center console touch screen is NOT part of the 203 package on the SE
I have the 203 on my SE, and the car can talk to me, but it doesn't understand a thing I say. LOL.
Lucky for me i do not care. i have no cellphone either. [hihi] I am a Luddite. [bigcry] sadly. [hihi]
Maybe eventually I will want it all to work... maybe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The my ford and sync is excellent with a cellphone it can download directions get weather
Sport scores and traffic info all with voice control along with All the other commands you can use takes getting used to.
Goodluck with your purchase!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thank you all for the responses! I am going to go with the 203A option now so I can have the cruise and SYNC with the fancy car display but not the My Ford Touch. I really appreciate the help with this. It's a big deal buying a new car and especially ordering one and knowing that it is going to come with the right options that I am looking for.
With the 203a package you get this display...

The trophy you have to work for though.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
277 Posts
[hihi] I still think that's such an awesome little "Easter Egg."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts