Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a parts list together and deciding on what I'll need to meet my goals. Will be running holset hy35 with ew hoping for 400+ whp. 2.0 block w/ 2.3 head knock off cossie with 2.5" charge piping. (If you need more info on parts on my build just ask.) Going with 80 lb injectors. What I am deciding on is which amp kb bap to run with this setup? I've seen 20,30, and 40. 40 with 50 percent increase. Are the 80's overkill? I figured with those I would rely less on the bap to meet my fuel needs. Thanks in advance.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
my opinion for 400whp is keep the 80's and look into a surge tank setup instead of a bap

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My plan is stock fuel system, 60lb injectors, and BAP and see how far that gets me. Goal is to max out the 2871r or fuel system, whichever comes first, then back it down some. That should be close to your goal of 400whp.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figure the 80's would give me room to grow. Interested in the return setup. Trying to figure the total cost. I have fab guys around me and plenty of friends who weld.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
The last surge set up I did used a 034 motorsports surge tank with an internal 044 pump. It takes a while to install all the components but once installed will work like factory

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice I'm going to look at a few things to use the factory tank and find a better hanger option that goes to the bottom.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Hanger isnt the problem , the whole canister sucks and even if you find one your very limited as to home low you can let the fuel go , isnt worth it

Tom

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So cell is the way to go but can I mount one where the tank is now?
That's why I haven't really considered a return setup yet; I don't want to use my trunk to hold a fuel tank that has a lower capacity than my factory tank. I'd be very interested if there was a return hanger that fit the factory tank.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
a surge tank uses the stock tank. there is no need for a cell. its a small canister that mounts in the engine bay and is fed via the stock fuel system. you fill in the stock location. you can use the stock pump. you can use the stock fuel level gauge. the stock fuel system simply feeds the surge tank and the surge tank with its larger pump feeds the engine and returns fuel back to the surge tank.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I did a Google search and did one for returnless fuel system. Didn't know if you had one you were working on for the focus

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
You have to add a return line to the stock tank bc the surge tank can't be pressurize. You can just use the evap line

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea that's what I was reading on here about doing that. I already have it turned off in my tune. So modify the fuel rail, line to the evap. Looked at some tanks, size recommendations? 2l ok?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I wouldnt go smaller then a 3l tank , you will have to do some modding to the EVAP line if your going to use that to go back to the tank

You could use a bulk head fitting in the stock tank and a -6 braided line from the surge tank

3l is what I am using for my new build

Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts