Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the car still runs like crap! 2000 zx3 5 speed just did fuel filter, Plugs, Wires, EGR/Throttle body cleaning... Nothing helped i scaned the car on my buddys snap on computer and came up with NO codes! car has rough idel and no power till 3k rpm's and bogs out most of 1st and second gear! im thinking its got to be the fuel injectors, what other fuel injectors will work in this car? i have a set of ford racing 19# injectors from one of my old mustangs that i know works perfect will they work in this car?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Its almost something else for sure... Have you checked on the fuel pump recallsince you have a 2000???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car has had the fuel pump recall, i called ford and checked... ive also changed the coil pack the air filter and added fuel injector cleaner still a bad skip at idel and no power at all till about 3000 rpms in any gear and almost no power at all off the line[:(]

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
check the tps. alot of times they break loose inside but still work but throw the wrong voltagebecause it slips around on the variable resistor inside or doesnt make contact on some sections. easy to check. pull it of and see if the piece where the shaft goes in moves from side to side at all. if it does, its bad.
had a similar problem and finally discovered this by accident. car never threw a code either. replaced and it was fine then

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
slowpileof-focus said:
still a bad skip at idel and no power at all till about 3000 rpms[:(]

"Skip" is a southern term. This, from a New Yorker...

Is this a consistant miss, or are we just talking about a real rough idle. I'm thinking about a leaky EGR or something like that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its deffinatly a skip in the idel, and a really bad bog in 1st and 2nd gear till about 3k then it feels like the cam or if it were a honda the vtec kicks in its the only time it has power, i know something is wrong i went to the track with it yesterday i drove my buddys bone stock 01 zx3 and went 16.6 with wheel hop and then i ran mine and went 18.8 so something is wrong but no one can figure out what it is..... im starting to really hate this car, and for a four cylinder i should be getting better than 20 mpg combined city and highway seeing how 90% of it is highway just cruzin at 60-65 mph

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I understand that there is no power at the lower RPMs, its the skip i'm interested in. Does it go away if you just raise the RPM off idle a little bit (is the skip strictly an idle thing)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the skip is most pronounced at idle but when im around 50-60mph at a steady pace i can feel it for a split second then it will go away again about 2 months ago the Primary Ignition wire broke and i had to have that repaired but other than that i havent had to do anything to the car other than the plugs wires and fuel filter...... nothing seams to help or change the situation at all so im thinking its the MAF, TPS, or IAC or possiably a glitch in the computer??? do they make a carbed intake for our cars?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
We really have to decide if this is ignition or something else.
Try the radio test- Tune the AM radio to a weak station around 770 or so, then drive. If you hear a little crackle in the radio each time the car misses, then we're looking for an ignition problem. It works best with the engine at speed and under load.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would love to but my radio just stoped picking up chanels the other day am and fm could they be related to the problem? its an after market radio and it was working fine then it just stoped picking up radio signals and all i get is static and the car runs like shit. The car steaddly gets worse every day rougher idle hessitation when getting up to speed and at a steady speed the skip comes back i really want to hit her with a 100 shot and clear out the system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts