Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I am working on my car and it involved removing the fuel injectors. Now I am looking at the injector closest to the cam gear and I can see that it is missing the small reddish ribbed plastic piece on the end of the injector. Should I be worried that it is missing?
The problem is I dont know when it went missing. It could have been when I replaced the manifold couplers a month ago, or it could have disappeared today when I removed it.
I am worried cause I don't know if it fell out or into the engine. Would that little plastic piece cause any damage???
Now I'm gonna guess I have to buy new injectors because its missing a small piece? does that piece have a special purpose that I need it, or can I keep using it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is this the gasket that sort of goes into the injector where the electrical connection plugs in? I would think you could do without

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
^^ I hope you don't mean the O ring. REALLY don't want to be missing that. It can easily cause a fire.

Now for the OP, I don't know what that piece looks like or how the focus injector looks, so I guess I really can't say. The little plastic piece shouldn't cause any damage though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
^^ I hope you don't mean the O ring. REALLY don't want to be missing that. It can easily cause a fire.

Now for the OP, I don't know what that piece looks like or how the focus injector looks, so I guess I really can't say. The little plastic piece shouldn't cause any damage though.
No I mean the gasket where the electrical connection attaches to the injector. Sort of exactly like I said.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The red gasket? It might be there to prevent electrical current to get to the fuel? Just get one at a junk yard. If it was in there from factory it must have a purpose

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
He's talking about the "pintle cap":

I think BWD part # 2-139 works, not 100% sure though.
If you look on ebay you should be able to find a Bosch injector rebuild kit that'll have the proper caps for about $12.
Or Injector Rehab has them individually --> http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Bosch-Type-3-Retainer-Taper.html

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
oh the pintle cap, ok. excellent. I tried to do a search earlier (granted I was in class) but I couldn't find any up close pics of an SVT injector.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it was the pintle cap that broke off. I started searching for it and found it in sitting head on top of a closed valve, i was able to fish it out of there. So that was a big relief, but I replaced the whole injector because it was the quickest way to get the car running again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts