Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've joined the ecoboost Focus ranks. Picked up a very gently used '16 with an auto transmission and 17k miles (I'm lazy, after battling VA traffic with a manual for so many years). Initial thoughts are positive. However, I have one bit of concern after about 50-60 miles of driving. When my dealership filled it up with gas upon purchasing, they definitely filled it all the way; the gauge needle was a good bit north of the "F" hash mark (at least, further north than it would go on my last car). After about 50-60 miles of driving, the needle still hasn't broken the F line. I have a light foot and haven't driven it hard or in stop and go traffic. I think it's progressing downward slowly, but it's hard to tell. What is everyone else's experience? Is it nonlinear; takes a bit to get past F then starts to go down faster once you break that mark?

I'm hoping my dealer didn't overfill it and screw up the fuel sending unit? The gauge was working in the test drive, as it was down about 1/4 tank. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
477 Posts
They could have really filled 'er up. Drive it another day and if the needle still doesn't move then take the car to the gas station and see how much it took to fill up the car again.

Fyi, if the EGR system on this car screws up, you'll get bad fuel readings too. The above is one way to figure out if that's the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts