Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
its really easy...i advise taking off the fuel cap before you remove it...unless you want about a gallon of gas all over you hahah...dont break the clips either your gonna need them...some brands come with clips but they were the wrong ones when I got a NON motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
324 Posts
errr depressurise the fuel system first... flick the fuel inertia switch in the drivers footwell and start the engine. let the engine run and die. then carry on...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought a fram filter at walmart for 9 buxs it has some weird clip on it so take the cap off and run it out of full i ran seaofam a couple months back and never got a chance to change it so know that i got nothing else to do im doing it in the cold jersey night

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
the easiest way would be just jack the car up and remove the clips from both ends of the old fuel filter....then theres a bracket that holds it up against the bottom of the car....un do that bolt and just pull it out put the new filter in the bracket and then screw it up there and then just snap the clips back on the new filter...

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
u can try using your fingers....i have fat hands so thats a pain LOL...i used a small screw driver to do one side of the clip and my fingers to do the other....get under there and check it out...its not hard at all...just a lil cramped and those clips can be a PITA at times.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the car is in reverse gear but the shifter is stuck in the 2nd gear postion i had this happen about a year ago i think its the cable for the trans it fell off the bracket under the car atleast i hope its the same thing easy fix this time im gonna use locktight when i tight the thing so it never comes loose again

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
hahah well i got it done works good but now the shifter is jambed its in reverse but the shifter is stuck in the 2nd postion
[scratch]

How in the heck did you manage to do that while changing a fuel filter?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my brother drove it around the block and he prob beat the hell out of it cause his 91 civic only has 89 hp and goes 0-60 in 6.9 mins i had this happen be4 theres a plastic bolt with a nut the bolts to a bracket it fell off about a year ago and i think it did it again its to cold outside right now im in jersey so tomorrow ill jack it up cause saturday im leaving for florida

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey, to clarify about the clips. you do not even need to remove them. if you push them right in the middle the tabs open up and you pull the hose/fitting right off the filter. FYI!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts