Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 zx4 st. I am having trouble changing the fuel filter, i have changed many before but this one beats all. I know the filter is located underneath the car right in front of the tank but the problem is that there is a black cover that incases the filter and something else thats mounted under the filter. The black case has three bolts that mount it to the car , which i have removed but i can't get the connecters off of whatever it is mounted in the cover with the filter. The black case has to be removed inorder to get to the fuel filter. Any suggestions........

·
Registered
403 Posts
when i changed mine it was alittle tricky to get the filter out, you have to remove the bracket with the filter but the tricky part is getting the clips undone, if you cant get them out in one piece just break them you can get them at autozone for cheap, just dont break the lines. it just takes some turning and shifting of the setup and some needle nose pliers. good luck.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh man, those clips were a PITA. i broke mine. pissed me off. now i just have the dealer do it when i have an oil change....i do it every 20-25k...dealer says 30, but i have ethanol up here, so....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts